What's new
What's new

MRR calculator?

g-coder05

Titanium
Just wondering if anybody has found a quick Material Removal Rate calculator. doing it long hand is okay but having one with easy access on the task bar would be great.

acctualy what im trying to find is something like the valenite slide rules they used to hand out. give a chip load,sfm,dia,how many flutes. then it spits out rpm,feed in IPM,required hp, and material removal in c.i.m.

I still have my wore out slide rule but would like to upgrade to electronic. My featurecam has this built in but it wont show you untill you run the verify. kinaa defeats the purpose of having it if you cant use it till after the fact.

I got one from Sandvik a few years ago that was a plastic slide rule type. It might be what you are wanting. You would give the material, rpm, load per tooth, etc.( known information) and it would list the other info in another window.

Sandvik might still make them. It would be worth a few bucks to me for the shipping.

JAckal:)

Kind of a goofy calculator for MRR unless you truly program by RPM, chipload and number of teeth. The only things you need for MRR is Radial WOC, Axial WOC and feed rate. RPM/chip load per tooth is irrelevant except for the feed rate. But since most CAM systems display a calculated feed even with a chipload input, there's nothing YOU have to calculate for that. But if you check out their Drill MRR calculator here:
Drill MRR
... they kept it simple. No rpm or chipload in the math. Go figure...
Nice link though....

Back