What's new
What's new

Excello 604 cnc mill info.

catch22

Aluminum
I just bought a 1981 Excello 604 CNC mill and cannot find any info. on this machine,I would like to find an electrical scematic and anything else about the mill. Does anyone know where I might be able to locate this info.

Thanks Mike

Hey Mike I just bought an Excello 604 with a Bendix 3M control. Company I bought it from couldn't get it working, so has been sitting outside for many years. Anyways I put it in my garage on the weekend opened up the back electrical cabinet & I do believe it's the electrical manual sitting there, but will have to double check.

That would be sweet if it was, I know it would make things alot easier for you when you fix it up. Are you going to convert it to PC with mach3 or did you have something else in mind?
Maybe we can help each other out on these cnc machines because theres not a lot of them out there. Ive already started gutting mine took off the tape drive and the electronics that I know that I wont need. But a copy of the electrical schematics would be awesome. Let me know if your interested in making a copy for me and I will pay you for it.

Thanks Mike

Sorry Mike I didn't have the insant notification on. I will try to scan that for you. I think it's on 11 x 17 so might take a bit to do.

Not sure what I'm going to do with this mill yet. Previous owners said they couldn't get it running and no details as to what or why. So I need to get power to it & go from there. This will be a winter project when time permits.

Yes I think your right Dan it is a 5M control. Was just surfing & saw a 604 with the 5M & looks identical to what I have. Bought the thing late july had it picked up & placed in my garage & haven't had a chance to even take the plastic wrap off yet. Waiting for the snow to fly then I hope to have time. :cheers:

Hey Ed,

If your going to try to use the original controller and stuff let me know and I wont get rid of mine until you know what you need all of my boards except one are good.
And yes that would be awesome if you could scan a copy for me as I am starting my retro fit now.

Thanks Mike

Back