What's new
What's new

my first mach3 setup = a pain so far

brmachineshop

Aluminum
I have mach 3 setup, apparently wrong. When I go to axis calibration and tell the axis' to move a certain direction, they do. Here's the problem. When I try to run a program they are moving almost an inch too far. I also dont know what role velocity and acceleration play in all this. I have the velocity and acceleration the same on the motors hoping it cuts a true arc or circle when needed. I will openly say I received my mach3 with a small router because they said it had a full version. I later found out it was a pirated version. i have deleted it and using trial version now but i dont know if it has any remaining files interfering. it shouldn't since i downloaded the trial version but i dont know. I really am confused about why it travels correct during calibration and so far off running a program. ANY help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Been working on this conversion for around 7 months. Ready to make chips ............................. Accurate chips I hope. Thanks :willy_nilly:

I don't know much about Mach 3, but have a friend with it on his mill, and have been helping him. There is a process for calibrating the commanded number of steps to jive with actual dimensions. This changes on each machine, and sometimes each axis if the ball screws are different pitch, gearing (pulleys for drive belts) and such are not all the same.

Download the manual and it will walk you through the calibration process.

I have received a lot of help on machsupport from really good people. However, when they found out I had a pirated version they have decided not to offer more assistance. That's ok, and I respect their decision since their help was there's to offer freely from the beginning. I still need help with this problem though and if anyone can help it will be appreciated. I am no longer using the pirated version, its been deleted when I found out it was one. Thanks.

For $150 you can get a legit copy.
Don't you think someone deserves to have some money for spending the time to develop it for you?

Problem solved....

From the OP;
". I later found out it was a pirated version. i have deleted it and using trial version"
So getting rid of a pirated version isn't enough?

From the OP;
". I later found out it was a pirated version. i have deleted it and using trial version"
So getting rid of a pirated version isn't enough?

The OP was found to have a pirated version which he said he didnt know it was, I personally gave him the benefit of the doubt although I hear that all the time and know 99% of the time they know exactly what they have.
I said to delete the Mach folder and download the latest and use it in demo mode as many people find demo to be enough, 500 line limitation for code, Run From Here doesnt work and thats about it, everything else works, so it is more than enough to at least get a machine running The OP said he had done that then later it transpired he was still using the pirated version so that was the end of my "benefit of the doubt". Now he has come back saying he has a licence, well yes he does but it is not his, it is a licence that was bought in 2002 by someone else so I am afraid I will no longer give my help to someone who is obviously wanting to use the full version of Mach but unwilling to pay for it. Others on the forum may wish to help and that is up to them, Artsoft may wish to help and that too is up to them. I will not and that is up to me.
Hood

I don't understand why I was fortunate enough for someone to give me a full license that they are not going to use, and I'm a bad guy for using it. I am understanding it may be possible for two people to be using one license but that is not the case. This is the guy I bought my hardware from to use mach because he decided to go with emc2. Really? I'm a bad guy or a cheater now because the license doesn't have my name at the top?

I don't understand why I was fortunate enough for someone to give me a full license that they are not going to use, and I'm a bad guy for using it. I am understanding it may be possible for two people to be using one license but that is not the case. This is the guy I bought my hardware from to use mach because he decided to go with emc2. Really? I'm a bad guy or a cheater now because the license doesn't have my name at the top?

I guess that would all depend on the End User License Agreement that governed the original purchase back in 2002. If the license is not transferable, it's not theirs to give to someone else. I haven't ever seen a EULA for Mach3, so I can't say, but that may be what you're up against.

For me it is your past actions and that is it as far as I am concerned, you were given the benefit of the doubt the first time then threw that back in my face by continuing to use the pirated version and now you expect me to believe the next story line.
As said previously others on the Mach forum may feel differently and help you, Artsoft themselves may also feel differently and help you but for me you have burned your boats.
Hood

From the ArtSoft web page:

License Transfers

Licenses are non-transferrable. This includes both as a standalone item, or as part of a machine sale. If licenses are being purchased on behalf of another party, please include the desired license name in the appropriate Comments field during checkout.

Pretty much covers things.

Rex

The only reason the second one showed as a pirate version I think is because I didn't know until later that I had to delete the mach driver seperate from the folder. Now that I know it isn't supposed to be transferred I will get my own license. I wish that u would understand I DID NOT know the router I had came with a pirate version and I did download the free version and sent that xml before I knew to delete the driver separate. I do not know enough about this to try to trick people that are experts at it.

The only reason the second one showed as a pirate version I think is because I didn't know until later that I had to delete the mach driver seperate from the folder. Now that I know it isn't supposed to be transferred I will get my own license. I wish that u would understand I DID NOT know the router I had came with a pirate version and I did download the free version and sent that xml before I knew to delete the driver separate. I do not know enough about this to try to trick people that are experts at it.

The driver excuse I am afraid is crap, the driver does not have any affect on whether the version shows as licensed, demo or pirated, only the licence file does that ;)

Hood

I would check to see if youy have accidentially put some sort of scaling code into your Gcode when you run a program.

I have been using mach for years, and have nothing but rave things to say about it and its support. In particular, Hood has been great in helping me MANY times.

Just buy the full version. Its worth its price ten fold.

Mach is great.

It travels the correct distance if it moves one axis at a time, but overtravels when moving two at the same time. I like the way mach is set up. And hood has been a great help. I just wish he would understand that I have not knowingly done anything that I knew to be inappropriate or immoral.

I just wish he would understand that I have not knowingly done anything that I knew to be inappropriate or immoral.

And that sir is the exact issue, about every single thief of intellectual property feigns ignorance when caught, like that makes it ok. Software guys have to eat and provide for their people, just like the rest of us.

I'm not saying you are guilty, however, you've managed to rub a very shitty smell on yourself that won't wash off easily.

Try to remember, the people you want help from are one of two types. The first being someone the property has been stolen from, the second being someone competing in the open market who's balls get cut off on bids due to an artificially lower overhead that's been attained by using something an honest guy paid for!

Would you go out of your way to help someone who might have stolen from you or one of your friends?

Back