What's new
What's new

Fanuc OM - Kitamura Mycenter-1 ATC Problems

Sid_V

Plastic
To make a long story short I have a 1996 Kitamura Mycenter-1 machine with a Fanuc OM control that is having problems with the tool changer. I had the machine off power for about two months leading to the loss of the parameters. I had a backup copy that I inputed but now the machine's side mounted tool magazine is not working properly. When I call a tool the magazine turns to place the correct tool in position put the pin that unlocks the pot does not stay engaged. The pin just repeatedly goes in and out until I either E-Stop the machine or press the reset button. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? Is there a parameter that could be wrong? I have talked to Kitamura and the most helpful tip I got was that perhaps the pin is not entering the chamber smoothly and that some manual tweaking to the encoder could help. I have tried this but it only seems to misalign the pin and the chamber it goes in to unlock the pot.

The machine was working perfectly before this so my guess is that it could be something related to the parameters rather than something mechanical. I do have a nearly identical machine that I can look at. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If all else fails Kitamura offers free phone tech support for any machine they made, doesn't matter if your the first or fifth owner, just have your model and serial number handy. 847-520-7755 and ask for tech help. Sorry but that is the best I can offer.

Thanks to everyone for their input I looked at the switches for the pin and they seem to work. The switch turns on when the pin goes to unlock the pot but then turns off when it backs out.

I also talked to Kitamura but like I said they don't seem to know what is going on either.

As for the diagnostic parameters I don't know if I loaded them all in. The machine is new (to me) so I did not have the parameters backed up. When I bought the machine it came with copies of the parameters which are the ones that I inputed. I have around 10 pages of parameters and 1 page of diagnostic parameters, more specifically timer parameters. If I am missing some which ones belong to the tool changer? Thanks again to everyone for their help.

......1 page of diagnostic parameters, more specifically timer parameters.

What addresses did the diagnostic parameters cover? Typically there will be timers, counters, a data table and keep relays in the diagnostic parameters. Your documentation may not describe them by those terms though. Do you have a hardcopy of the ladder diagram? Sometimes the back of that manual has definitions of the diagnostic parameters.

What addresses did the diagnostic parameters cover? Typically there will be timers, counters, a data table and keep relays in the diagnostic parameters. Your documentation may not describe them by those terms though. Do you have a hardcopy of the ladder diagram? Sometimes the back of that manual has definitions of the diagnostic parameters.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. It was indeed an issue with the diagnostic parameters. Although I had inputed all the diagnostics parameters I went through the maintenance manual and found another copy of the diagnostic parameters. Some were different from the ones on my paper copy so I changed them and got the issue fixed. Thanks again!

Back