What's new
What's new

Nakamura-Tome Programing

Flash Gordon

Aluminum
I do some engineering consulting work for a company that recently purchased a Nakamura-Tome WT-300, seven axis twin spindle turning center. The machine purchase included a limited amount of programming support which has been mostly used up. The company will soon be in a bind when it needs to program new jobs on that machine. Their regular programmer is great with mills and lathes, but doesn't have time to learn the new machine. I am considering learning to program the machine myself. Does the manufacturer offer any intensive training programs? I've tried their web-site but haven't had any luck. I'd also like to know if this is realistic for me to try to learn. I'm not a programmer, but I have taken trade school programming classes and can read and understand both lathe and mill programs. My goal would be to spend maybe a week of intensive training. I would be paying for this out of my own pocket and know it could be expensive. I'm not interested in night classes at community college, been there-done that already. What do you think? Is this type of training available and is this a realistic idea?

you need swisspro, or is it swissturnpro, .....he's in your area and I believe a nakamura guy. Look him up on the directory and email him. All dealing I have had with him he shot it straight and did not bs his way thru things he had not done. All in all a stand up guy. He can set you up if anyone can.

Willie, Swisspro is a Tsugami swiss guy. Don't know how much help he'd be with a Nak.

The owner of Methods Machine Tools, the importer of Nakamura is on this site though. He'd be able to point anybody in the right direction for Nakamura training.

I can only offer moral support, but sure you can learn it. I've been programming 2,3,4,6 and 9 axis turning centers with a $20 calculator and a large stack of scratch paper for over 15 years, with no training. There are quirks on every machine. Offer to do the first program for free, it will take what will seem like forever, but free is a great price. Then you'll know if it's feasible. Hopefully the setup guy is good and can recognize a potential crash in the program prior to any metal to metal contact. Even software comes up with errors on the multiaxis machines. You could try to find training, but your best bet might be to just jump in and try it. Good luck.

Does anyone have a contact at Methods Machine? I called their number and got the run-around. I finally left a message with someone but they haven't returned my call. I thought I might have better luck if I had a specific name to ask for when I call them. Thanks!
Dave

If the machine is in your area, here is the best place to get help:

General Manager for Chicago Area:
Scott Doorn
(847)783.6800

Ask for him. He can help you out and get you headed in the right direction. If it is outside IL, then contact me directly with the customers area and I can make the leap for you -

Scott McIver
[email protected]

Scott
MMT

Flash,

E-mail me, and I'll get you in touch with the right people in our Chicago office to help you out!

Thank you,
-Brian
MMT

Geez, the things you miss when you get too busy.

I second calling Scott Dorn. I've known him a good 15 years and I'm sure he'll get you taken care of. But if it doesn't pan out for whatever reason give me a shout. It isn't nothing but a simple seven axis dual path Fanuc lathe.

My head doesn't start to hurt until it has 3 paths and 12 axes. All I need is the manual for the M-codes, synch codes, and the oddball stuff that makes it a Nak and I can get you programming it in no time.

I have been reading your thread and thought I would offer some input. CGTech does a very good job of simulating complex mill turn machines. Their simulation is more from the control side of things allowing them to simulate G-code, Macros, subs and many other control functions.

It takes away a lot of headaches and prove outs.

Nakamura Tome WT250 - How to program

Thanks for all the suggestions! I got in touch with Scott Doorn at Methods Machine and he has been very helpful.

Respected Sir,

I read your last conversation (From Year 2007) regarding Nakamura-Tome WT-300, seven axis twin spindle turning center. I recently purchased a Nakamura-Tome WT-250 Twin Spindle Twin Turret Tunrmill CNC (Fanuc 18i T - Control). I'm Facing lost of problem regarding how to runs?
for trail I try to use a program from my old Turning Center CNC (Fanuc OT Control) & do changes in program G & M Codes with the help of it's Program Manual. But I Did't get any positive output. I'm stuck with this problem. Can you help me out with this.
& how can I know how to program this Machine, Any training or anything which will help me to learn how to program this machine...

Back