What's new
What's new

Need CNC foam milling service

zaxsis

Plastic
Does anybody know a company or are willing to mill a small, 15x10x9 inch pretty simple project, from foam?
There is a rendered picture attached to give general idea what the project looks like, i can also slice it, so it can be milled from thiner blocks.
I tried few companies, but they don't bother with small projects. I will not do milling on a regular basis, so buying cnc mill isn't a option for me.
Please pm me if you have any leads who can do it,

Thank you.

heat box v6.jpg

Any foam will work, I am not that familiar with the foams, but I need to be able to smooth sand it with #180 or 240 grit before I prime it. I will use the model to create a fiberglass mold.

Any foam will work, I am not that familiar with the foams, but I need to be able to smooth sand it with #180 or 240 grit before I prime it. I will use the model to create a fiberglass mold.

Any foam sort of works... but there is specific foam made for this that works much better. I helped make a fiberglass body shell and the first round was pink house foam. Second one was higher density mold making foam and it was WAY easier to finish.

Back