What's new
What's new

Need help getting started with jewelry engraving

YonathanZ

Plastic
Hi,

I work at a jewelry store. So far we've been using the service of another jewelry store to do the engraving for us, but it causes delays in shipments and the need to ship every item twice (to and from them) costs considerable money.

So I did some Googling and found this machine, it's the cheapest I found that's meant for jewelry but after looking at YouTube videos of it, it seems to come with software that's not intuitive at all.

So I was wondering two things:

1. Is it "safe" to buy such a machine from China (in terms of long term reliability)
2. Assuming the machine can be used with third party software, is there software that's meant for jewelry engraving, or that would at least make easy work of it? 95% of our engraving would be just letters on rings and pendants.

Thanks.

hy / jewelry, coins dies, was are made with the help of paralelogram mechanisms ( maybe combined with cnc movement )

hiting a precision of 1/10 .. 1/30 um is pretty easy

newer methods include high precision milling machines, while quality is lower :) however, at this level, it is still ok for the customer

to have a clue about the differences, compare the actual 1euro coin with an engraved dial of a luxury watch

as i can see, you are looking for a hobby machine :) i hope it will deliver what you need

kindly !

Assuming the machine can be used with third party software, is there software that's meant for jewelry engraving, or that would at least make easy work of it? 95% of our engraving would be just letters on rings and pendants

maybe you can ask for a tutorial video, so to see how programing works :) .. and check if you can input programs from an outer sources ( format, syntaxes, etc )

when this works, all you need is a discretization software ...

try to get the tutorial video :)

maybe you can ask for a tutorial video, so to see how programing works :) .. and check if you can input programs from an outer sources ( format, syntaxes, etc )

when this works, all you need is a discretization software ...

try to get the tutorial video :)

They have this video they call a "tutorial", but it doesn't show the software at all:
AM3 Jewelry engraving machine tutorial - YouTube

The following video does show the program, but just barely. The camera work is just awful:
AM3 CNC Jewelry Engraving And Marking Machine For Flat and Cylinder Object Engraving - YouTube

Have you asked the question on a jewelry forum? More likely to get a relevant opinion.

Back