What's new
What's new

Need help, Okuma LB15 5000 control

demoj21

Stainless
I have an Okuma lb15 with 5000 control I am having a problem with and needing advice of what to look for. Last time I ran machine it ran fine no problems, however if the machine sits for some time when I reboot lathe I get an alarm which is a spindle drive alarm, after idling for 10 minutes or so you hit reset and alarm goes away, been doing this for the 2 years I have had it. Since I got it the rpms machine shows running is been slower then programmed speed so threading has been an issue. I went to run the lathe this week and now I am single blocking the program, first move is to tool change position which it does, spindle starts, and machine will not do anything else. I programmed in IGF, program looks correct to me, what am I missing? What should I look for? I would think I am over looking something or the spindle drive took a dump, and to have a tech come look at machine is probably not worth the cost, as the lathe is not worth much these days and I just got a Genos lathe I need to get up and going. Anybody got any ideas what to check? Also there is no alarms, its just is sitting there like it is looking for something. Thanks in advance for any help Jason.

Back