What's new
What's new

Cannot change/load or save parameters on Fanuc/Hitachi seiki

evidence_UA

Aluminum
HI, need to load the parameters on my Hitachi Seiki Vs50 with Sigma 18m controls (it's the same as Fanuc i18) but can't do it because it says that the memory write protection is enabled, however the switch on control panel is set to write and the "parameter write enable " on pmcprm is set to 1
My problem is I cannot change any option in settings menu (where there is an option "change parameters ") - all is set to "invalid ", and couldn't be changed. So the machine is kind of brick now

On our HS, you have to go into the Fanuc side from the Hitachi side and it does have limitations on what it will allow you to change. There is also a parameter lock on the Hitachi side as i recall.

HI, need to load the parameters on my Hitachi Seiki Vs50 with Sigma 18m controls (it's the same as Fanuc i18) but can't do it because it says that the memory write protection is enabled, however the switch on control panel is set to write and the "parameter write enable " on pmcprm is set to 1
My problem is I cannot change any option in settings menu (where there is an option "change parameters ") - all is set to "invalid ", and couldn't be changed. So the machine is kind of brick now

read your manuals but on older Fanuc parameter 8000 when in mdi mode you change 0 to 1 you change PWE (peewee) or parameter write enable on. when done change back to 0 as you do not want parameters changes accidentally. make sure your on 8000 and not first parameter 1 ? which on my machine is downloading programs parameter. take picture of that first parameter screen as once a year it gets changed instead of parameter 8000 and then no programs will transfer until its put back to normal

Thanks, as far as I know - there are 3 "
Blockers":
1. A physical switch on control panel with the key
2. Pwe (power write enable) parameter in pmcprm section of the f_menu (
I suppose it's a Fanuc side menu but I can be wrong)
3. Parameters change option in settings menu - I have attached the photo of it

In my case they are on,except for the 3Rd one, because the system doesn't let me change it from invalid to Valid.

Thanks, as far as I know - there are 3 "
Blockers":
1. A physical switch on control panel with the key
2. Pwe (power write enable) parameter in pmcprm section of the f_menu (
I suppose it's a Fanuc side menu but I can be wrong)
3. Parameters change option in settings menu - I have attached the photo of it

In my case they are on,except for the 3Rd one, because the system doesn't let me change it from invalid to Valid.
are you in mdi mode ?

No, because the keyboard with that button doesn't work. I made a memory upgrade, so most of functionality is absent unless I will restore the parameters

Here is the pciture of the screen where i cannot change anything (its on German). Translation:
Eingabe der parameter - change parameter
AUS - Invalid
EIN - Valid

Hie
Did you press the E Stop button in? Without that you can't change anything.

Sent from my HUAWEI P6 S-U06 using Tapatalk

The thing is when I try to restore the ladder from backup file, it says that it was successful and I must restart the system. After I restart it still says that there is an error in ladder, so I assume it cannot write it to memory too.

memoryman, Have PM'd you.

I also have found that parameter 3202 will enable the 8000/9000 parameters editing when all set to 0, but in my case it all was set to 0 and still it says that memory protection is enabled

Back