What's new
What's new

Need help with Y-axis and Z-axis not moving after cleaning machine Mori Seiki MVJR

lonlprry

Plastic
Can anyone point me in the right direction to see what is wrong with Y/Z-axis no longer able to zero-return after power up.

I had my son clean the machine after I bought a machine shop and no time was the power turned on over the couple days he was cleaning.

All axis worked prior, but now I cannot do anything with Y/Z axis.

Any help will be much appreciated.

thanks in advance

He busted something that is why Y & Z won't move!!! Just fix what ever knocked loose or snapped off and you will be good to go.:D

Seriously though I would check limit switches for debris that could have gotten in there, go in and due a system diagnostic if that possible, I am not really that familiar with Mori's. Start with the simple stuff first and move up. Was he in the main panel at all with a vac and not properly static protected? If so that could be bad news especially if boards were pulled to clean.
Good luck

Has the machine lock switch on the panel been thrown inadvertantly?

If it's been cleaned enthusiastically, chances are switches have been moved - start here, then move into the cabinet and check all the boards are in tight, cable connectors, breakers, etc.

No doors were opened and the areas where power-fans and breathing vents are. They are boxed in on the inside of the door.

He used a Vac and airhose, spraying rag with degreaser.

This is a Fanuc System 10M

is the machine in alarm state? if so, what are the alarm numbers and messages? 10M is my least favorite Fanuc control. my first thought is, if something got bumped away from home position like a tool change arm etc., it will not allow the axis' to move. give us a little more info

No alarms are showing up.

I have removed the cover from Z-axis and cleaned the dog-leg (the soft-limit piece) my apology if it's not the correct terminology. .. recycled all power and still nothing.
The only thing I can think of is if some chips got blowed up under the cover pans .... *That's why I have begun removing and cleaning the sensor? ?-means not sure if its a sensor, but a soft stop.
I am almost certain nothing could have got into the doors (CEC), but is it possible that a dirty sensor could have shut or tripped something in there?

The tool changer does not work, and most parts have been removed when I bought the machine.
I did try rotating the arm, but never seen any msgs and still did not work.
I know none of that was turned, but it could have been bumped.

no alarms, X-axis works, it might be as simple as a defective mode selection switch. when you select X,Y or Z does it show on the screen that is is changing? pretty tough to nail down a problem without an alarm, just have to follow the trail of bread crumbs, sorry i cant be of more help

Did you check the air supply?

Any chance the hydro oil is too low in the reservoir and it is not making pressure?

How sure are you of the "start-up routine" since it seems that you recently got this machine?

------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Don't mess with that "sensor". That's not causing this. And a soft-limit is called that because it's software based, it's not anything you can touch.

Is the "ATCHP" indicator (right side of panel) turned on? I think you have an axis-interlock because the toolchanger is not home.

Hold down the 'P' and 'Cancel' keys, and power up with the keys held down. Re-sets the soft limits.

Not sure if it'll work on a 10M, but certainly won't hurt to try.

Having trouble getting Z axis to home without hitting soft limit ... ? Any ideas?
Adjusting soft dog does not appear to chg anything..

There is no "soft dog" Like Metaltech already explained above the switches are hard limits and for ZRN.

Yes - but the Fanuc will sometimes have a memory and you need to purge it out to continue.
That is where holding the "P" and the "CANcel" buttons down during boot up comes into play - as was mentioned above. I would think it works on the "10" but I don't know.

----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Hold on - the OP said you couldn't do anything with Y & Z. Now you say Z is moving but won't home?

What's moving in handle mode?

Assuming that Y & Z are on the same amp - have you cycled the power at the case level during this time to reboot the amps?

(I suggest that you doo)

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back