What's new
What's new

Fanuc OM wont let me jog to remove counterweight block

snocat_trf

Hot Rolled
I finally got my Supermax Max1 powered up yesterday. I went to jog it to get the block out from under the counterweight and it will not let me jog it.

It shows all the drives are active and holding but I can not figure out how to get this thing to move.

is there a special parameter i need to change to jog it before it goes to the home sequence?

HELP! :willy_nilly:

I'm going to assume that you're trying to move the z axis...?? Check to see if there isn't a z axis neglect toggle switch on the control panel that may be turned on.??
Good luck!

I did see one on it but it was late last night and I was getting frustrated, I will check again when i go home at lunch today. Pretty sure i tried that though.

I could not get any of the Jog or axis buttons to light up at all.

So you need to jog the head down to lift the counter weight without homing the machine first??

On all the machines I have here they either have an overtravel button or a parameter to change that lets you jog without homing.

A trick might be to activate the Z+ limit switch to get you into overtravel mode then that might allow you permission to jog Z-. I might also see if you can't get a wrench on the end of the z axis ball screw and move the head that way.

I finally got my Supermax Max1 powered up yesterday. I went to jog it to get the block out from under the counterweight and it will not let me jog it.

It shows all the drives are active and holding but I can not figure out how to get this thing to move.

is there a special parameter i need to change to jog it before it goes to the home sequence?

HELP! :willy_nilly:

Fanuc O won't jog in rapid till after it's homed, but it will move with the MPG. Go to handle, Z axis, crank it whichever way you need to go, get it off the counterweight, then home it.

Ok, do you have any alarms? Some controls I have worked with require pressing the power button a second time before it would run. Just another idea to check..... :)

on one of the fanuc controllers i work with you need to push and hold the green machine ready button and blue emergency buttons for a few seconds, then the green button will light up steady. they are on the left side of the controller and they are next to each other.

You knooooooowwwww....

You are wanting to go up to home eh?

Why not just hit the HOME Z button once and see if you have life there?

Unless your chain could bunch up...

You could home it all and then come down to loosen the weight.

I would like to mention to not screw around too much, and not git under neath of the Z axis during this time. I had a hydro cyl mount (instead of a weight) break for no good reason one day. Soon after the mount broke, the drive overheated and faulted out. However - it was not in E-STOP, so the brake did not engage, and a 1000# head came slamming down right in front of me!

------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Then it sounds like your not gitting the amps "engaged" at all.

Doo you have the air on?

If you git another set of eyes, try to manually engege the plunger on the coolant pump motor-starter (if it's 3ph) and see if it goes the right direction.

... or simply try flipping two of the incomming leads around to see if it is not "comming up" doo to phase direction. (possible - especially with Reliance drives. Others?)

----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Then it sounds like your not gitting the amps "engaged" at all.

Doo you have the air on?

If you git another set of eyes, try to manually engege the plunger on the coolant pump motor-starter (if it's 3ph) and see if it goes the right direction.

... or simply try flipping two of the incomming leads around to see if it is not "comming up" doo to phase direction. (possible - especially with Reliance drives. Others?)

----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I have the air on, i did try changing the leads, i have a buddy stopping over tomorrow that does machinery repair for a living... he will find it.

the spindle drive amplifier shows a fault, not sure if it is because it hasnt homed yet or not.

the spindle drive amplifier shows a fault, not sure if it is because it hasnt homed yet or not.

Definately not.

If you have a set of manuals for your machine you can look up the fualt codes.

Or maybe search "fault code ABC Drive Co" on Google and see if you can find a list. ???

I have found such for Fanucs online in the UK, but that prolly wouldn't help you. ???

Uh .... I guess the title says that you have a .... Fanook eh? :o

:dopeslap:

So here it is:

http://fanuc.pennineuk.com/alarmcodes.htm

---------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

well from the looks of the alarm code list, its not an alarm and not a fault, the spindle drive unit is "not ready" as it shows - - on the display of the drive.

if i go into the control, it shows all 3 axis' powered up but i am unable to jog them.

will see what tomorrow brings when the repair guy is here....

Back