What's new
What's new

Need some advice on aluminum surface finishing.

gundog

Hot Rolled
I am starting to make more parts from aluminum that don't fit in my C&M topline vibratory bowl it holds 50# of media I vibrate some parts up to 12" with it but it works better on smaller parts. The largest part right now is 17.5" x 5" x .250" I have several other parts in this size range. I have been experimenting with several sanders and scotch bright pads sand paper etc. I would like to end up with an even finish of some type and to remove the lettering on the bar stock. I am thinking of getting a tank type vibratory machine but I just want to make sure there is not something better.

Mike

I'd go with a nother vibe.
Nothing more even than that.

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Thanks it looks like I will get the C&M Topline the sad thing is when I bought the bowl from them 8 years ago I was going to get the tub type and the guy from C&M talked me into the bowl at that time the tube model was $1400 now it is $3K + media.

Oh, no worries mate - it's only money! You'll make more.... :D

I'd like to have a cpl more [vibes] myself.

----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

If you want to ditch your bowl in favor of a 300db tank, I'll trade straight across if yours has a coolant setup. Shipping would be a bitch both ways though unless you happen to be in my area.

If you want to ditch your bowl in favor of a 300db tank, I'll trade straight across if yours has a coolant setup. Shipping would be a bitch both ways though unless you happen to be in my area.

Mine does have the pump & bucket and the stand. I would be interested but I am not sure how much shipping would run I am in WA State but why do you want a smaller one? Shoot me an email [email protected]

Back