What's new
What's new

NEEDED - Baldor DC servomotor connector pinout diagram. Also the mating connectors

aninventor

Aluminum
Photo of the Baldor servomotor and connector is attached. I need the wiring pin out diagram for this connector. I also need the mating cable plug connector body.

This is a used set of Baldor DC servo motors from a knee mill that had a Dynapath System 20. The motors are Baldor Catalogue number 4203623. I want to use them on my CNC mill project.

These motors have a large Cannon bulkhead connector with a total of 16 male pins. There are 12 pins in an outer circle and 4 more pins in an inner circle, two of which are larger and carry the motor current. I need the pin out designations for this connector so I know what pin goes to what connection inside the motor. The motor connector should have pins for an internal tachometer and an internal encoder. These are 35+ year old motors. I suspected that Baldor might have a standard wiring scheme that they have used for years, but darned if I can find one on their site. Their search engine pulls up nothing for this older motor. I have found two different plug pin out diagrams on the internet for 16 pin Baldor motor connectors and they are quite different, so I am currently stuck.

If someone has wiring diagrams for a Dynapath 10 or 20 with Baldor DC servos that show the motor connector pin outs - I would greatly appreciate a copy of it. I have noticed that the cable for an Anilam 3300 DC servo system uses the same connector and similar Baldor motors, so a connector pin out for an Anilam 3300 may also work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am in a similar situation regarding the motor connector mating plug. I found some for sale on the internet - over $200 each - not going there! I have now managed to obtain 3 bulkhead connectors from an Anilam CNC system cabinet that have 16 pins arranged exactly like those on the motor bulkhead connectors except that they have the mating female pins. As these are also male bulkhead connectors I can not use then directly. I have cut the bodies apart and removed the rubber plug with female pins from these connector bodies and have inserted one into one of the motor bulkhead connectors as shown in the photo. They are the perfect mate. If I can find the proper sized female body that mates with the motor connector I can use these rubber plugs with pins in those bodies to make the mating cable connectors I need. If not, I can machine something to use as a body and get by. The body of the motor bulkhead connector has an outside diameter of 1-1/2 inch and a thread of 18 TPI. The coupling nut on the body of the mating cable plug connector needs to screw onto this male thread.

If you have used motor cable assemblies that mate I would be interested. If anyone has 3 of the cable plugs that go into this motor connector - I could use those.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Baldor servomotor plug 4.jpgBaldor servomotor plug 1.jpg

As long as the big pins are used for motor power and the little pins are used for encoder signals it's not going to matter a whole lot which pin actually does what so long as the signals get from where they are to where they need to be. If you pull the endcap off the motor I think there may be some info either inside the cap or on the encoder itself (though AFAIK that may be different depending on what model encoder is fitted)

On my Lagun CNC retrofit I eliminated the amphenol plugs since I didn't have their mates (and couldn't cheaply find replacement ones) and just put strain reliefs holding onto the cables where the amp plugs used to be. If I'm running into problems where I'm constantly needing to swap out servos I've got much bigger issues than expensive amp connectors can solve.

Back