What's new
What's new

New machine (VMC), posted vid over on YouTube.com

TC VMC

Aluminum
Guys,

Posted a quick vid of the new Cincinnati FTV over on YouTube.com - Heres the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLLMSX45vJI

Its a simple job in the machine but it pays real well for all thats involved and tooling costs are reall cheap as well.

I'll post some images of the off load on site w/ crane etc... if anyones interested ? I was totally in awe watching the crane lift 18 tonnes and have it hanging like a toy, fitted under our door with 20mm clearance, less than an inch ! Been great so far.

Take it easy, TC

Its 2540mm x 815 x 800 (z)

ISO / ANSI 40 taper spindle, 8K rpm, 18.5Kw. 48 pocket toolchanger, Heidenhain iTNC 530 control.

Looks nice.

What does it have for chip evacuation?
That disign solves the issues we have on our big Arrow with chips and the way covers.

The more I see stationary tables the more I like them.

What kind of cabbage for something like that?

ARB

I've always ran travelling colomn machines, they are the way to go, I never really liked a VMC with the table moving, your limited to what you can do in respect to size and weight, also from a setup, fixturing and loading point of view, this is better also.

Without giving exact figures, it was over £100K, I regret now that I didnt spec a 4th axis at the time. Although the machine has an axis travel of 2540mm in the x axis, the table is 3200mm, so you get 330mm either side of the limits for units such as a 4th axis, meaning the 4th axis unit wouldnt be taking up space on the bed, I thought that was a great idea.

We are in the UK but Cincinnati just put there first 5 meter FTV in somewhere in the USA a few months back, nothing new I suppose, DMG have done a DMF 500 for several years now, UNSIGN (Holland) and Hedelius of Germany also build these massive travelling coloumn machines, I think Hedelius do a 6.3 meter machine.

TC

Back