What's new
What's new

New Machine Day

Dave K

Diamond
Well, I don't know how many recall this, but a while back, I was asking some questions, considering the purchase of a Hardinge machining center VS a Haas.
I finally got that trigger pulled, and today she arrived. I did end up with the Haas, as Hardinge wouldn't finance me. Credit score is less than what I'd like it to be at this time.
But the Haas factory outlet in Wisconsin deserves a couple of "thumbs ups". First of all for their excellent service that I've always received from them, and second for pulling a few strings for me, to help make this happen. Sorry it's just a Haas and, you've all seen them before, but It's my new baby nonetheless. 20161228_090157.jpg20161228_090330.jpg20161228_090618.jpg20161228_093941.jpg20161228_102142.jpg

That's awesome Dave!! Congratulations!!

Now..........if you need any tips on how to do this story the next time.............give me a shout! :D

Best Regards,
Russ

That's awesome Dave!! Congratulations!!

Now..........if you need any tips on how to do this story the next time.............give me a shout! :D

Best Regards,
Russ

Ha ha ha, thanks Russ, I will. But I figured, I didn't really have time to make this a 2 week event, so I just laid it all out there. :cheers:

Ha ha ha, thanks Russ, I will. But I figured, I didn't really have time to make this a 2 week event, so I just laid it all out there. :cheers:

Only 2 weeks?

Hell.........I'm just getting to the good stuff by then!! :D

Hey........if you ever need any help on it let me know. I have one of those sitting out on my shop floor and would be happy to do what I could to help with any issues you may encounter.

Best of luck!
Russ

Only 2 weeks?

Hell.........I'm just getting to the good stuff by then!! :D

Hey........if you ever need any help on it let me know. I have one of those sitting out on my shop floor and would be happy to do what I could to help with any issues you may encounter.

Best of luck!
Russ

Good to know Russ. I'll try to remember that. I still gotta get power to it, then have HFO do the actual install, then take their classes, all before I get to really dig my grubby hands into it, so I hope I remember that offer. LOL

Nice, we took delivery on a VF2 SS this fall, so far I am very happy with it. To the point that I wish I had 2 now. Enjoy the new machine for sure, and make some chips!

Nice, we took delivery on a VF2 SS this fall, so far I am very happy with it. To the point that I wish I had 2 now. Enjoy the new machine for sure, and make some chips!

Well, that's interesting. Have you had any control issues? I've been hearing about the new controls having problems like blacked out screens and such. Any problems with yours?

Nice!..but all of the pics and story in the first post..:(
I too will be interested in what you think of the new control. I haven't punched any of those buttons yet.
Gary

Plus why are all of you guys getting these new machines have coats on in the pics..and what is that white stuff..

"Sorry it's just a HAAS"

Are you kidding me man....? You just spent $80K You just put your ass on the line to build a future for yourself and family. You just spent $80K on a fine American made machine tool. HAAS employs thousands of people in this country and around the world..they get paychecks not handouts.

I'm proud of you for working hard and being willing to stick your neck out to make a better life.

You bought a machine that fits your shop and the work you do. You bought a machine that will make parts everyday for many years to come. I own several HAAS machines and they make chips just fine.

Good luck I'm happy for you.

Make Chips Boys !

Ron

Nice!..but all of the pics and story in the first post..:(
I too will be interested in what you think of the new control. I haven't punched any of those buttons yet.
Gary

Plus why are all of you guys getting these new machines have coats on in the pics..and what is that white stuff..

The guys wearing coats........ah, I see. You're from Fla. I get it now. LOL

"Sorry it's just a HAAS"

Are you kidding me man....? You just spent $80K You just put your ass on the line to build a future for yourself and family. You just spent $80K on a fine American made machine tool. HAAS employs thousands of people in this country and around the world..they get paychecks not handouts.

I'm proud of you for working hard and being willing to stick your neck out to make a better life.

You bought a machine that fits your shop and the work you do. You bought a machine that will make parts everyday for many years to come. I own several HAAS machines and they make chips just fine.

Good luck I'm happy for you.

Make Chips Boys !

Ron

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, I'm a fan of Haas also. The "apology" was really more or less tongue in cheek for not having something less common for the haas haters. LOL But, you're right, I bought the machine that's going to fit the work I'm getting. Actually fits perfectly.

Is there a reason you didn't go with a "new" fadal? Just curious, I know they are slower(maybe?) but seeing as you already have one....?? Any input is always appreciated. Have fun!

Is there a reason you didn't go with a "new" fadal? Just curious, I know they are slower(maybe?) but seeing as you already have one....?? Any input is always appreciated. Have fun!

Yeah, I don't know if new Fadal really exists. I also don't know if new Fadal is being made the exact same way as the old Fadal? I don't know who around here sells them, and don't know, if new Fadal exists, how long will they exist. Would I be able to get parts and service for a new Fadal? With that company going through so many changes, then out of business, then back in business........it was not even a consideration. Haas Factory Outlet here in Wisconsin has really been a great outfit. They conduct themselves almost more like a team member of my company.

Back