What's new
What's new

New Machine Day - Brother Speedio

Whatever. Russell would have started this over a month ago when he sent his check in.

But this is a Brother Speedio S700X with a 4th, 16k spindle, CTS etc.

Whatever. Russell would have started this over a month ago when he sent his check in.

Don't let'em get to you!

I for one, like your style!! :D

Congrats, and looking forward to more pics!

Haha. Its true that i have more pics, and am in fact rolling them out Russell style...

Riggers just got this fork truck because its perfect for getting in garages.

You have a brand new Brother going into your garage???

Sheoot.

I love watching videos of the Brothers run, just silly. I will check in next year for some video, if you have pics of it installed at that point ;)

Careful. Brother advertises this machine as having overwhelming high productivity.

speedio-img03.jpg

Haha you got a point. Congrats on the new toy. Wish i could have one in my garage. Actually i wish i had a garage first ;)

Best mancave ever!

LOL neabors be like who got the new ferrari, Oh its just a new type of refrigerator.

I would put one of these in my living room if i had the chance.

carry on.

Finished for the day, spindle is doing break-in right now. Still have to do the probe and a few others things tomorrow.

After months and months of beautiful 80 degree weather and sun, it started to rain today... Have to remove the top sheet metal cover, and the wire harness to slide it in, so I set up the Easy-up.

Drove it right in and parked it here.

Why a brother as a garage machine? What do you have planned for it? I mean major envy... But that is an machines made to do a lot of something really fast hahaha

Why a brother as a garage machine? What do you have planned for it? I mean major envy... But that is an machines made to do a lot of something really fast hahaha

The garage has some constraints that limit what you can put in there, these are the basic things I was looking for:

- 80" maximum height (install height) to fit under the garage door.
- 15k or faster spindle, 10k was the bare minimum - I use lots of small tools.
- I have a product that runs as a complete set of parts and requires 20 tools.
- I Need a 4th with a tombstone and a double station vise on the table to run the above setup.
- I have a full time job, and 3 kids - so not a lot of free-time. But I use it to design products. I've found I really enjoy machining and want to build the products myself, luckily some of the products look to have sustainable demand. Thus, I need to build parts as fast as possible in the free-time that I have available.

This leaves very few machines. Super Mini Mill doesn't have enough tools or travel. Super Mini Mill 2 or Hurco VM10i doesn't make it through the 80" garage door. Sharp 2414 has a stupid Fanuc control, Hardinge makes the GX710 also stupid Fanuc. Robodrills pretty nice, but Fanuc. Fadal VMC15xt, old, slow.

We also have the previous version of this machine at work, and after using it you basically create a list like the one above to tell yourself there really is no other option.

Back