What's new
What's new

New Machine Day - Samsung MCV-400

wrustle

Titanium
and by the way...................that would be tomorrow, Wednesday12-21-16. :D

Oh come on now...................did you seriously think for one minute I was going to get this off to a quick start? :skep:

To be continued............................ ;)

Grrrrr :willy_nilly:

I ~should~ have known what info (or lack thereof) would REALLY be in a thread by Wrustle! lol

PICS! Tomorrow....or else! jkjk

wrustle, ya gotta at least tease us a little with a photo of the empty spot where its gonna go..... the foundation works, anchor bolts, 39" of crete... etc.

Very curious if this brand is any good. I wonder how close it is in price to Doosan. I heard if you Karate fight the leader of the Samsung gang and win you get it for free and if not you are disgraced into making payments for at least 5 years. Let us know what the outcome is.

wrustle, ya gotta at least tease us a little with a photo of the empty spot where its gonna go..... the foundation works, anchor bolts, 39" of crete... etc.

Well, no empty spot............yet.

However..............

This is being moved...........

1992 Haas VFO.

20141110_105134_zpsx9oxmi6m.jpg

Next to this..........

2013 Haas VF-2SS

20150414_144555_zpsp7y5tncs.jpg

The empty spot across from the ST20 (and behind that wall jutting out) is where the VFO will be moved to (tucked in next to the VF-2SS) , and the spot where the VFO currently sits (in the back corner), is where the MCV 400 will be placed.

20150422_082823_zpse1aferkn.jpg

Should be an interesting day tomorrow. Electricians are showing up tomorrow morning at 7:00am to run conduit and pull wires for both the new machine, and the new location for the VFO, and...........the riggers will be here sometime tomorrow morning as well to move machines and install new one.

The ST20 will have to be pulled completely out of the way to move the VFO across from it, and then the MCV will be tucked into the corner and finally the ST20 put back in place.

Needless to say..........no chips being made tomorrow.

Pics and vids tomorrow!!

To be continued...................

I wouldn't want that thing even if someone included 5K with it.
That was a reason I went with Mazak back in the 90's

I wouldn't want that thing even if someone included 5K with it.
That was a reason I went with Mazak back in the 90's

That's fine and probably true for most. But, I have a hunch you would double over if you knew how much money that machine made for Wrustle. It surely can't owe him a thing.

good choice on not getting a second vf2ss ,, I have a 2015 and its been a ok machine but there new next gen control is JUNK. I think that samsung has the same fanuc 0I as the new Dooosan I replaced the haas with ? ,, first day on a new control you will be pulling your hair out like any new control but after a few days I got to liking it,

Please keep us posted as to how the samsung works out , I have been looking at a new turning center but can`t find a lot of info on how samsung is to deal with on parts or service.

I hope you put it through it's paces and do comparisons with same programs from the VF2. Glad to see you jumping in and finally getting a new machine!!

If comparing the MCV-400 to the vf2ss is any thing like comparing the Doosan dnm-5700 to my haas vf4ss he is going to love the new machine.

Samsung uses all fanuc motors meaning real HP ,, were as Haas rates there motors like a shop vac

Couldn't be happier for you Russ.

I was here when you had a W &S #2 and an Ikegia.

What ever you are doing brother, keep it up. Two kids involved in the business over the years and one in the services. Does it take me to tell you, Your living the American dream.

What ever you are doing, keep that up. And thank your beautiful wife. Those of us that know you remember its a team effort.

My best regards.

Phil.

Congratulations on the new machine. Just curious if you purchased (or received) any options on your control for running HSM tool path. I noticed you had mentioned that a few days ago in discussing your purchase of the new machine. I think that will help your tool life in stainless. Keep us upto date on how it is going.

Derrell

That's fine and probably true for most. But, I have a hunch you would double over if you knew how much money that machine made for Wrustle. It surely can't owe him a thing.

I bought that machine back in 2004 for $15K. I could not even fathom a guess as too how many 100's of thousands of dollars that machine has made for me over the last 12 years.

For a 1992 machine it is in great shape, runs everyday, and still makes great high quality parts. I considered trading it when purchasing the new machine just to get the floor space, but opted instead to make room for it, and gave it to my son who's worked for me..............and dealt with my crap..............for the last 10 years. :D

Now he can fiddle fart around and make whatever widgets and gizmos he wants at his leisure...........and..........we can still use it for making fixtures and such.

Who knows, maybe he'll come up with the latest and greatest gadget, become rich.........and I can retire!! :skep:..................naw............probably not,...........retire that is.............

Later,
Russ

Who knows, maybe he'll come up with the latest and greatest gadget, become rich.........and I can retire!! :skep:..................naw............probably not,...........retire that is.............

Let's just play this all the way out for you... - "Dad! Get back to work! We've got orders to ship, and that machine's waiting on you!" -Son :D

Back