What's new
What's new

New Machines Day!!!

Rubiman14

Plastic
Well, our new Brother's are here. Can't wait to start making chips with these things! I'll be posting some videos once they're up and running.

20160819_085543[1].jpg
20160819_090353[1].jpg
20160819_100703[1].jpg

Not one but TWO RX450s?

You're next purchase will be a robot setup because trying to keep up to those fast SOBs is a job not fit for humans.

Not one but TWO RX450s?

You're next purchase will be a robot setup because trying to keep up to those fast SOBs is a job not fit for humans.

Already in the works!! These will be running around 1min cycle times. So the operator will have his hands full :)

Not one but TWO RX450s?

Already in the works!! These will be running around 1min cycle times. So the operator will have his hands full :)

I was going to comment that having them next to each other like that begs for OP1 and OP2 robot swapper in the middle, complete part out the front, raw stock in the back. All the operator has to do is de-alarm the robot every couple days and check sizes (or build in probing inspection in the programs).

And congrats! Can't wait to see it all in action. :cheers:

Here I was going to correct your post title. Nevermind, mutiple new machines !! Nice ! Dual contact?

No, these are 16k spindle machines. Unfortunately, dual contact was only available with the high torque 10k spindle.

I was going to comment that having them next to each other like that begs for OP1 and OP2 robot swapper in the middle, complete part out the front, raw stock in the back. All the operator has to do is de-alarm the robot every couple days and check sizes (or build in probing inspection in the programs).

And congrats! Can't wait to see it all in action. :cheers:

Yup, that's the game plan. This will be a long term production job. Loading 6 stainless blanks off our screw machines into Nikken rotary setups. We're doing a simple mill/drill op with these machines. In-process inspection will be handled with Renishaw's Productivity+ software.

Congrats!
I have a Fanuc M10ia robot I got with a pair of brothers out of an auction. Was working until they shut the company down. Would give you a really good price if you are interested PM me. Going on vacation next week but I'll reply when I get back if you are interested.

About wrapped up with the 1st round of installation. Need to install the Nikken rotaries and hydraulic 5C blocks. Just waiting on some parts from Hardinge. Hoping to start cutting parts after labor day!

IMG_3749.jpg
IMG_3751.jpg

No, these are 16k spindle machines. Unfortunately, dual contact was only available with the high torque 10k spindle.

Wait. What? My speedio has a 16k and dual contact...:confused:

Do the 450's come with a different spindle? I would find that somewhat hard to believe given how these things are put together

Rubiman14,

If you don't mind my asking, what CAM software will you use for programming the Brothers? (We have a 650 coming next month; like to know what folks are using successfully for these dual pallet machines). Thanks.

Fred

Wait. What? My speedio has a 16k and dual contact...:confused:

Do the 450's come with a different spindle? I would find that somewhat hard to believe given how these things are put together

To my understanding, it wasn't available in the 16k. I might have misunderstood that, though? I'll have to ask. For what this machine will be doing, I really didn't "need" the big plus option. I will clarify that just to make sure the information is correct here.

Yup, that's the game plan. This will be a long term production job. Loading 6 stainless blanks off our screw machines into Nikken rotary setups. We're doing a simple mill/drill op with these machines. In-process inspection will be handled with Renishaw's Productivity+ software.

Must be a good reason why you didn't upgrade the screw machines to be "done in one"?
But i wouldda fought hard to get em done in a turning center, if possible.

sure you have your reasons. Nice machines nice setup. gonna have to get some young guys to keep up with those pair. :-)

Rubiman14,

If you don't mind my asking, what CAM software will you use for programming the Brothers? (We have a 650 coming next month; like to know what folks are using successfully for these dual pallet machines). Thanks.

Fred

We're an Autodesk shop. So, I'll be using InventorHSM

Must be a good reason why you didn't upgrade the screw machines to be "done in one"?
But i wouldda fought hard to get em done in a turning center, if possible.

sure you have your reasons. Nice machines nice setup. gonna have to get some young guys to keep up with those pair. :-)

I wish we could have, and we did try. Having 36 ACME's at our disposal, it definitely made the most sense. The problem was the tolerance/GD&T of the features. Doing them in a CNC turning center would have taken a dozen or so machines, and would have been better suited for a Hydromat. Even then, I needed 2 of those to keep up with production.

Back