What's new
What's new

New Robodrill prices

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Just a note that when talking new Fanuc Robodrills the figure of $80,000 and up is the norm, but found out at IMTS the "Eco" model can be bought at $55,000. The Eco model no longer sports an Eco decal but is the only one with 14 tools, no enclosure on the top and no side windows. In fact even the enclosure light is an option. Otherwise it is better than the "Mate" model of 2006/2007 in that it has 4th axis capability (at what cost I don't know) and higher rapids. Same 10K spindle RPM as the Mate. The Mate did come with a light at least !

It is not available in the narrow "phone booth" model however...only comes in standard travel size, dangit...

Just a note that when talking new Fanuc Robodrills the figure of $80,000 and up is the norm, but found out at IMTS the "Eco" model can be bought at $55,000. The Eco model no longer sports an Eco decal but is the only one with 14 tools, no enclosure on the top and no side windows. In fact even the enclosure light is an option. Otherwise it is better than the "Mate" model of 2006/2007 in that it has 4th axis capability (at what cost I don't know) and higher rapids. Same 10K spindle RPM as the Mate. The Mate did come with a light at least !

It is not available in the narrow "phone booth" model however...only comes in standard travel size, dangit...

Your thread just spurred me to look up the Method's Robodrill site, and I don't think i'd noticed this model before, which is clearly labeled with "Eco" in the name..

Methods Machine Tools - Machines - Fanuc RoboDrill - RoboDrill D14MiA5 ECO

If the price is as you say, that's certainly attractive.

Your thread just spurred me to look up the Method's Robodrill site, and I don't think i'd noticed this model before, which is clearly labeled with "Eco" in the name..
Eco decal in the photo but not in real life at IMTS last week. The price was from S.L. Bond, Methods National Sales Manager. I said "are you sure ??" and he says, "yes, just quoted one yesterday"

Another difference in brochure photo and current reality is both the Eco and the Mate, while not having side glass, do have easily removable panels left and right side.

The ECO was already available in 2007. (At least in Japan) I have one that was imported.
This does not have the "ECO" decal, but has an additional e after the model number.

Dual contact spindle not included.

This does not have the "ECO" decal, but has an additional e after the model number.
Funny considering how ridiculously long some Robodrill model names are... not kosher to call it "The Eco" but rather is the "Alpha-D14MiA5e" :crazy:

Was there ever a Beta model ??

Look at the model number, and each letter/number has a description, except the alpha, and the i

aT14iES

Alpha, T14 ( 14 tools) i, E ( model E, there were models A-F, or more) , S ( for Short bed) (your coveted "phone booth" )

aT21iEL

Alpha, T21 ( 21 tools) i, E ( model E, there were models A-F, or more) , L ( for Long bed)

aT21iE

Alpha, T21 ( 21 tools) i, E ( model E, there were models A-F, or more) , No L or S, medium sized bed.

The model number simply lists/describes the major configuration.

Look at the model number, and each letter/number has a description, except the alpha, and the i

aT14iES

Alpha, T14 ( 14 tools) i, E ( model E, there were models A-F, or more) , S ( for Short bed) (your coveted "phone booth" )

aT21iEL

Alpha, T21 ( 21 tools) i, E ( model E, there were models A-F, or more) , L ( for Long bed)

aT21iE

Alpha, T21 ( 21 tools) i, E ( model E, there were models A-F, or more) , No L or S, medium sized bed.

The model number simply lists/describes the major configuration.
Well aware of that...still think it's a dumb concept to have all that plastered on the front...esp. the "Alpha" part....for which an iPad keyboard doesn't even have the symbol.

Milacron

I think the "Alpha" may come from having Fanuc's "Alpha" series drive motors. They haven't got to making the "Beta" series yet, that I know of.

:D

I think the "Alpha" may come from having Fanuc's "Alpha" series drive motors. They haven't got to making the "Beta" series yet, that I know of.

:D

Always felt it ironic to name your products Alpha, Beta.. etc.. surely, they should come out of the prototype phase eventually, right?

Back