What's new
What's new

Acramatic 850 SX strange error code

Rick Kight

Aluminum
Hope someone can give us some direction with this. We are getting a alert #17701 ISUB Failure,
"manual tool change operation was aborted and did not complete" message at the end of axis alignment. Z and Y align but X never finishes.
I know the error scheme in there controls lacks especially when one error cause another. But looking at the error history this is the only error that is occuring. I do not know how a manual tool change error is happing at the end of the alignment. It looks like X finishes but does not register in the control. If you clear the error the control is saying " axis aligning" but X has stopped. Machine is not locked up, you can Data reset and can press the align axis button and it goes thru the alignment process again with the same results. any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I am going to check limit switches on tool changer(spindle) and drum. Cycling power does not help.

Thanks

Rick

there are machines where when we do a homing command

the axes first align then the tool changer indexes
till it gets some prox signal then reindexes to a preset pocket ( Makino )

just a thought ..

MJM

MJM

Thanks, but on these Cinci's you "align" the tool changer separately from XY & Z. After the axis align you manually index the carousel to pocket 1 and set it with a push of a button.

Rick

Rick
are you sure about your align procedures? The book actually says EXACTLY that?

Reason I ask is that on the 900 control I had you pushed one button and it all happened automaticly. The align procedures on much older controls were automatic for many many years. Maybe your 850 is different.

Why not CALL THE FACTORY ? geese they KNOW...

DanMcG

Our problem turned out to be with the x axis motor / encoder. Seems it could not find the x axis marker pulse when homing the x axis. Is your machine going into this error when the x axis is doing its final move to home? If so I would have your x axis encoder looked at. The x axis motor / encoder is prone to moisture problems on these machines.

Rick

One more thing

This machine we had the problem on has Fanuc drives and motors. If you have Kollemorgan it may or may not be the problem. Depends on how and what the drive lets the Acromatic control know. You know that Cinci double super secret coded error messaging is enough to drive you nuts.

Rick

Gary

Yes it has been fixed for some time, we had it back up and running within a few days of it failing, I have replyed today to DanMcg (four post up)who is having the same exact problem.

Rick

Are you kidding? They had so many changes when I was there it took book to keep track and after I left I'm surprized they know whoz on first..no...Hu wuz on 2nd ...I think ..maybe
.. besides, at this age CRS sets in and ...what what wuz your question??

Back