What's new
What's new

Obsolete Milling chucks Wasino lj-63M

stump

Plastic
Hello,

Looking for obsolete milling chucks for wasino cnc lathe, there're for the live tooling. I know there's a old thread on the internet about a guy who had the same problem. I called Amada and they said they were a speciality thing and there oboslete. Guy said he had one collet left but not the master collet. If I have no luck finding any ill just make some but trying to save some time.
They have "Daishowa MC20 Milling chuck" stamped on them.

DSC06214H.JPGDSC06215H-1.JPG

I have the long bed version of that machine. Here is the info I got from Kaiser in November last year:

"This is what was known as a “Master Collet”. They are totally discontinued and we have the last 4 pieces of a Ø3/4” in existence. BIG has long sold out of the Ø20mm size and they are no longer available anywhere in the world.

The Ø20mm and Ø3/4” were the only sizes offered and relied on straight reduction collets to get to smaller sizes. (C.750-XX or AC20-XX)."

Price was $172 each.

Edit: Diashowa is now know as Big Dasihowa and is part of the 'Big' group. Big Kaiser seems to be the face of the group that most are familiar with.

Ya pictures are from a online auction a year ago. Been keeping eye out on eBay. There really close to a TG75 collet but taper is different.I have two of them need four more. Your right master collet is 3/4 and they use straight collets for reduction I have one of the straight 1/2 collets. What did you end up doing? Were you missing some too?

I had a mix of 3/4" and 20 mm collets, wanted a couple more 3/4" so coughed up the $$. $172 isn't bad when you consider the price of a whole live tool head. I'd still like to find a couple of more radial heads, only have two now.

I played around the other day with a scrap piece of material. I machined the taper and tested it ,fit pretty good. Collets are hardened of course, I can heat treat them but no way to finish grind them. The nut part looks the hardest, has ball bearing in them but probably could get away without it. No idea on thread size for the nut. It seems like it would be better to make them you could do away with straight collets and make hole whatever size you wanted. Idk beats me.

Back