What's new
What's new

0M-B ladder edit

Riley

Aluminum
I need to alter the ladder file on a little Miyano vertical for a 4th axis. From what I can tell I would need to pull the OE1 and OE2 chips, plug them into an eprom reader/writer, upload the file, dis-compile file with fladder ii, make edits, compile, burn new chips, install........Has anyone actually done this with a 0M-B with PMC Type L, CNC Type FO-B, R-Area R620-699.

I got my hands on a Fanuc FA Writer and Fladder software from a local company. They are lending me the equipment but I'm in need of some guidance on how to go about reading ladder chips and making edits. I did purchase the pmc manual from Fanuc but need to get the ladder onto the laptop. I dug out an old windows XP laptop and was hoping it would run the software but it does not see the reader/writer for some reason.

had a computer motherboard i used to update bios chip often. one day update did not work and computer would not start and i could not even get into bios editing screen any more
i would just saying there is always a small risk of control not working at all after trying to edit something.

i would like to just take a minute to thank everyone that helped me out with helpful input on this 4th axis install. Just burned a set of Rom chips installed and tested everything out.....works perfectly! And I can absolutely confirm that a Fanuc 0M-B CAN and WILL perform 4 axis simultaneous moves. The biggest trouble was getting a compatible PC to run the fladder correctly. Worked well on an old IBM aptiva with only DOS 6.0 installed. Fladder software is a tad bit clumsy but fairly easy to navigate once you poke around in it for an hour or so.

Glad to see someone adding a full 4th. I am fairly computer literate, got half way through a IT major before the 07-08 crash, and I am not sure I would have the brass to edit my Fanuc OMD ladder. :(. Congrates. ;)

i would like to just take a minute to thank everyone that helped me out with helpful input on this 4th axis install. Just burned a set of Rom chips installed and tested everything out.....works perfectly! And I can absolutely confirm that a Fanuc 0M-B CAN and WILL perform 4 axis simultaneous moves. The biggest trouble was getting a compatible PC to run the fladder correctly. Worked well on an old IBM aptiva with only DOS 6.0 installed. Fladder software is a tad bit clumsy but fairly easy to navigate once you poke around in it for an hour or so.

Hi Riley.. I had bought a 2nd hand Fanuc 0MC machine with no OE1 & OE2 EPROM chips plugged on the PCB. I have a ladder print-out and an old PC with Fladder-II running. How to burn the ladder program into the chips as I don't have fanuc ladder writer. Can a ussual IC/EPROM writer/programmer do this ?

Thanks

Back