What's new
What's new

Hydraulic Porting cutter advice and input - 1/4" tubing ?

rosie

Hot Rolled
If someone has a couple minutes that I could speak on a phone call I'd appreciate some advice/input on porting. I have a small part that could lead into more, however I'm hesitant on quoting and production of ported manifolds since this is my first time doing such.

I also need a decent place to buy porting tools and a recomendation on what to think about and look for when I order them.

If you have time to talk please reply to this as to let others know someone has already stepped up(I don't want to waste too many peoples time). Then PM me your phone number with a good time to call and a fax number so I can send a print so things are easy to work with.

Thank you in advance,

Rosie

+1 to scientific cutting tools. Bought some a few years ago and shipped them to the UK - nice tools, good people to deal with and they work well.

I did have a problem with an SCT. Not really their fault, but I needed it in a hurry and couldn't get one with tin coat. Made a big manifold block out of an 8'' cube
of A36. Pretty soft and gummy. The cutter was ripping the steel. Fortunately a customer of mine does coatings. An unbelievable difference!

Back