What's new
What's new

Okuma LB12 Alarm 110 Spindel Drive Unit

Lauri

Plastic
Hello,

I bought a Okuma LB12 recently. Metal turning has been a hobby for me in the past few years. I bought my first manual lathe three years ago. It's a Russian 1K62. It's a good machine, but now it was time for my first CNC. It worked fine in the workshop where I bought it, but now when I connected it to my own power circuit it loads up, but it shows me red Alarm light and there is a alarm code 110 SDU (Spindle Drive Unit) written on the monitor. In the electrical box on the SDU LED control panel I found flashing and constantly burning LED's which tell me from maintenance book there is a fault: "IOCR" ( Short of power transistor at regeneration unit). Does anybody have any ideas what it means?

Thanks in advance.
Lauri

Hello again,

It's been a while from my post, but I figured it would be nice to share the news that the problem has been solved. This error was actually very easy to fix, but hard to find. The cause for all this trouble was one loose screw that had dropped behind the circuit board seen on the picture below. It had short-circuited something important. Luckily it did not burn anything down and the removing of this screw fixed the error.
SDU.jpg

---
Regards,
Lauri

Glad to see that you got it fixed and it was not too painful, at least to your wallet. The inside of the cabinet looks nice and clean, how is the rest of the machine?

Back