What's new
What's new

okuma multus u3000 w-axis/sub-spindle position

mikol777

Plastic
does anyone know how to make the w axis move to an intermediate position? We are using a gripper to remove the part from the sub-spindle and then park at the upper spindle safe home position (hp-4); then we need to bring the w-axis forward to drop the part in a basket attached to the sub-spindle housing (poor mans parts catcher) & then return to its park position. The pick-off works great but when the "w" goes to move we get alarm "2273-01 ALARM-B word "W" A SIDE 3" (The W axis motion command numerical value is not within the following range: -9999.999<=W<=9999.999)

does anyone know how to make the w axis move to an intermediate position? We are using a gripper to remove the part from the sub-spindle and then park at the upper spindle safe home position (hp-4); then we need to bring the w-axis forward to drop the part in a basket attached to the sub-spindle housing (poor mans parts catcher) & then return to its park position. The pick-off works great but when the "w" goes to move we get alarm "2273-01 ALARM-B word "W" A SIDE 3" (The W axis motion command numerical value is not within the following range: -9999.999<=W<=9999.999)

Why HP-4? Just go to a pos. X,Z comfortable CLOSE to that and the control knows where you are. HP-4 is a 'NUL' position as much I know from I drove Okuma's. (means it doesnt keep track anymore, cause its a parameter pos.) I can be wrong, but your approach seems a bit strange to what I use to do.

I wish your get some thought and solve it. =)

Back