What's new
What's new

Okuma OSP u10l - LATHE - ALARM PROBLEM!

illmatic

Plastic
Good morning,

I'm in abit of a pickle I can't get rid of this alarm "1700 ALARM-A Stroke End Over" I've never seen that alarm before and now the machine is down till I can get rid of it because it won't let me run machine.

If anyone has any tips on how to get rid of it or why it's happening than please let me know,I greatly appreciate it.

Attachments

• 20180224_080324.jpg
    20180224_080324.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 1,066
Somebody Over-traveled, luckily it's not on the hard switches. There are 2 ways to get off the soft switch.

1. Change to Manual mode, press the O/T release button on teh back of the Machine, then use the handwheel to jog the Turret off the switch.

2. Change "User parameter" "Stroke End Limit" whichever axis until you can jog it safely off. note; record the value that is there now so you can set it back to what it was. Also the smaller the value the closer the limit, soo if you ADD a larger value the limit moves away from the Chuck, enabling you to move the Turret.

There will be 4 columns=X Positive/X Minus/Z Positive/Z Minus. It's only confusing if you overthink it, IE; Z Minus means that if you increase that value the Turret can theoretically move past the back of the Chuck, or X Minus increase would allow the Turret to mive theoretically down past Chuck C/L, BUT that is where you need to be careful, because you don;t want to end up on the HARD limits!!

R

Back