What's new
What's new

Parameters for Heidenhain TNC 155.

BIBBY

Plastic
Hi,
At work I use a Bridgeport Interact 4 with a Heidenhain TNC 155 controller and a Jones Shipman 4th axis attached. The 4th axis, for what seems like no reason, will now only turn clockwise with the handwheel and approximately 0.02 of a degree at a time anti-clockwise. It won't move at all in MDI mode or in a programme, but works ok on another machine that we have. It's recently been out for an overhaul (the 4th axis), but still does the same thing. Some of the parameters on the other machine are a lot different from those on my machine, so I think that's where the problem is.I've got a list of the parameter numbers and their relative uses that I downloaded from the Heidenhain website, but I would like more information about what each one actually does. I'd also like to know how you go about decideing that a parameter needs changeing and what to change each one to, as some are not that self explanitory. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find this information if it's available, or has any idea what's wrong with my 4th axis.
Thanks a lot for any help.
Bibby.

the heidenhain website will have the manuals with the parameter list, so you should be able to tell what parameters are relevant. There are some that turn the axis on and off, which is useful with a 4th that may not be used much, so that might have been switched off

Thanks a lot to Comatose and Keith g for their replies, I'll investigate further and report back.
Cheers,
Bibby.

Back