What's new

New Machine Day!

ARB

Titanium
100_4847.jpg

My best Mitty imitation.:D

Man I'm tired and Hungry But we finally got the New Hardinge. Yippee

:cheers:

YIKES! You do look like Mitty, in that picture..

Nice Machine! Congradulations!

Is Mitty MIA?

AAhhahahaaaa !
Oh man thanks, that's the funniest thing I've seen in days.

If you weren't so far away I could have gotten in on this one too. :D

Call me when you're ready to talk tools! ;)
Got some freebies saved up for 'ya.

something is fundamentally wrong in that pic.....there are NO CHIPS IN THE EXIT CONVEYOR!!!! Seriously, sweet looking lathe,,,,looking forward to further reports of its performance.

YIKES! You do look like Mitty, in that picture..

Nice Machine! Congradulations!

Is Mitty MIA?
Not sure if I should be scared or happy about that:eek:

So does that make two Hardinges in the shop now?

Nope 1 here and 1 at the day job. Mines nicer though.:D

Willeo, Chips soon to follow. Chip auger has not shown up yet.

Usually we have chips piled over flowing everywhere. I don't think that will change.

I won't miss digging chips out of the old Romi.:cheers:

Not to mention the new control and VDI turret and and and and....;)

Curt I'll be in touch once I catch my breath.

kinda like the day I sold my arrow 500 and traded up to an arrow 750 with a conveyor.... amazing how much those itty bitty looking chip trays held... took a whole 55 gallon barrel to clean out that machine. I still cringe when the chip tray is full on the manual colchester...

kinda like the day I sold my arrow 500 and traded up to an arrow 750 with a conveyor.... amazing how much those itty bitty looking chip trays held... took a whole 55 gallon barrel to clean out that machine. I still cringe when the chip tray is full on the manual colchester...

I hear ya. We have an Arrow 2000 without chip removal methods.

At least you can get inside with a broom in that beast.:)

I'm beginning to think that Mitty did a one legger down a beaver hole.

Mitty are you there? Your gettin us all worried and stuff.:willy_nilly:

Sweet ARB!

I love my little 8/52SV. I only wish I would've tooled up with right hand OD tools. I takes too long for the spindle to reverse direction if I'm using OD and ID tools in the same program.

ARB, you're too skinny and hairy to be confused for Mitty. What's the specs on that beautiful Hardinge? Love 'em!

PS, where's my kitty?

Sweet ARB!

I love my little 8/52SV. I only wish I would've tooled up with right hand OD tools. I takes too long for the spindle to reverse direction if I'm using OD and ID tools in the same program.

Slant bed? LH tooling, M4 all including drills and bores and OD turning.

ARB, you're too skinny and hairy to be confused for Mitty. What's the specs on that beautiful Hardinge? Love 'em!

PS, where's my kitty?
1154018109361.jpg

Specs
2" up the chute
8" chuck
Tailstock
VDI turret (12)
Chip auger
Parts Catcher
The nicer OTiC control

Compared to the SV this is much snappier on ACC/DEC plus the turret is quicker and has a better manual control.

Very nice if I do say so!
:D

That looks AWFULLY small for a 2" machine! At least compared to the Conquest series!

:confused:

Is there eny Z travel - or ???

----------

You sure that's a 51?
Sure looks like a Mystery to Me
Ox

That looks AWFULLY small for a 2" machine! At least compared to the Conquest series!

:confused:

Is there eny Z travel - or ???

----------

You sure that's a 51?
Sure looks like a Mystery to Me
Ox

15"ish on the Z and 8ish on the X

It is a very compact package.

The picture is a little deceiving. The camera holder was a little on the short side.
The lathe is about 6' tall and 6 1/2' long

I am not as overgrown as I look in the pic.

Slant bed? LH tooling, M4 all including drills and bores and OD turning.

I do all my OD work in M4 but for what I do I don't think doing it in M3 would make a huge difference, if any. But changing the ID tooling to run in M4 might just be the ticket.

ARB, I do see that your control actually has a knob to select the desired tool for manual changes in addition to the SV's "one touch selects all" button.

Last edited:
Congrats!!!!

Man I sure am jealous...I sure like my Conquest SP, but that could easily replace it. Trade ya??? I'd even pick up shipping:D.

Does that dude have the combo spindle nose? The little Conquest has a A2-5 / 16C, so I know yours would be soemthing else, but I sure like the two minute change over.

Making chips = making money...do not say anything about a bad economy.

Steve

Does that dude have the combo spindle nose? The little Conquest has a A2-5 / 16C, so I know yours would be soemthing else, but I sure like the two minute change over.

No, Just a A2-6 nose. I only have the chuck for now. But still pretty easy reach to change the chuck to a collet adaptation chuck or SureGrip expanding mandrel.

Both of which are on my Christmas list. ;)

I set-up and ran my first job on it tonight.:D

I admit that I did a little dance.:nutter:

Back