What's new

pls, help me to align a citizen L12

dany_boy

Banned
hello, pls help me to align the 2nd spindle of a citizen L12

pls check photo 03 : i put a comparator dial among those lines :
... among the yellow, on the side of the spindle, the comparator moves 0.05
... among the black line, on the top of the spindle, comparator does not move

i am not sure : is it ok to put the comparator there ?

i put the comparator also like in image 04, and moved Z2 axis : dial indicator moves 0.05; in image 05 it does not move

pls help / thank you !

Attachments

• 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 176
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 183
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 173
hi mr King :) that thread is pretty general, does not reveal "how-to" align : i need to know the exact procedure, because this is the 1st time i am doing it

also they discuss about using an interapid indicator, without talking about the fact that it is affected by gravity when rotated into a horizontal spindle; best practice is to use a ( haimer ) centro / coax

also they discuss about using an interapid indicator, without talking about the fact that it is affected by gravity when rotated into a horizontal spindle; best practice is to use a ( haimer ) centro / coax
I think your all fucked up thinking an indicator is less accurate than a Haimer / Centro / Co-ax. They all have that Negative Gravity thing going on. Decent clock, on a really stout base, beats gizmo's any day of the week. Makes me wonder what you are clocking into? you have one spindle.

use a haimer orizontally, and target something <0.03; after that replace it with an indicator, and check

if you succedd, please film it & post it, and share the indicator type & brand; will you ? thx :)

the best way to use the interapid is to clamp it inside a rigid flange, just how is shown in image 01 : this involves crafting one, and it may not be suitable for a large range of diameters; clamping the interapid from image 03 directly into a collet spindle will be pretty acurate, but it covers only small diameters

using an interapid with articulations ( image 04 ), will simply add errors; even a single articulation may add errors, so if there are more, than deviations will increase ( it is possible that the deviations are proportional, just like when using a comparator very tildted, but is best practice to use the instrument in a natural position )

differences shown by an interapid, depending on how it is clamped, may reach easy 0.03-0.04 : i just showed this today to the guys that came to align the cnc

a centro can be clamped pretty fast in a collet ( or whatever rigid thing ) and it's palpator can be adjusted to fit a large range of diameters

we aligned the cnc by using a centro ( image 02 )

machtool, what do you mean by " stout base " ?

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 99
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 77
I think your all fucked up thinking an indicator is less accurate than a Haimer / Centro / Co-ax. They all have that Negative Gravity thing going on. Decent clock, on a really stout base, beats gizmo's any day of the week. Makes me wonder what you are clocking into? you have one spindle.

Phil, you realise it's the Cat right?

Back