Looking for some Okuma lathe help.

Fulcircleny

Cast Iron
Hello All,

Working along this afternoon, heard a pop, get the following error message"
201-3 alarm-a servo amp X axis 2C6

Machine: 1991 Okuma cadet (LNC -8)
control: 5020L

Can anyone shed some light on where or what to look for?

Thank you,

Regards,
Chris

ok can you tell me where to look? the right side cabinet has multiple breakers, I have reset all that I know of. (mind you I have had this machine since it was new, in 91) I am all for looking stupid if this is the problem so any direction is good direction...

Thanx
Chris

on my osp 500 its toward the bottom of the left side of the cabinet. have you tried to power all the way down and start it up again? My machine does a pop if you kill the main power switch without first shutting down the control. That is the extent of my knowledge on this. Look for red lights?

yes, powered down, and up a couple of times. In my cabinet, (behind the right side door) the three breakers normally cure the condition of brown out or improper shut down. there are a number of breakers in the left side cabinetas well, three actuallyon the door, and three large ones at or behind the axis "bdu" boards, all seemed correct but i reset them anyway. Thank you for the help, I will keep at it tomorrow for now I need to move the job to the other machine and get going. I was hoping for a quick fix, but it rarely is...
Best regards,
Chris

Back