What's new
What's new

Precision boring set -2 micron increment

Ok guys let me know what you think. I have been working on this for a while now and now I have a couple samples in my shop.

This boring set is for boring from under 1/4 inch all the way to 3-5/8 diameter. Each increment on the dial is .002mm in diameter. That is .00007 inches in diameter adjustment. All components are great quality. The best I have ever seen. Everything fits very tight. It takes 16mm tooling. I will be stocking all related spare parts and boring bars. The ones pictured and included are steel. I will have carbide also available.

I will have these in stock in BT30,CAT40,BT40,CAT50, AND maybe HSK.

Sorry about the poor pics. My photographer will be working on this soon.

Next on my list are the twin boring bars.

DSC02280-1.jpg

DSC02284.jpg

DSC02286.jpg

DSC02288-1.jpg

DSC02291-1.jpg

DSC02293-1.jpg

Oh and all components support coolant thru. Right down to the cutting tip!! I will also have bushings to reduce the 16mm down to 9/16,1/2,3/8,1/4.

The price is about $1300 per set. Which I think is very cheap compared with other sets in the market that do half as much.

All boring bars have some backlash. This boring bar has the smallest backlash I have seen. About 1 increment backlash. or 2 microns.

I will have my set making chips this week. I will let you know how it works.

Very nice looking set. Looks like you can spin that thing pretty fast with little vibration.

What kind of inserts do they take? TPGT?

Steve@Reliance ,
So far I have seen these selling for $2500-$3200. I was able to negotiate some good pricing but I must private label. Sometimes I hate the politics but if I can get good pricing then who cares. These sets take TBGT,TPGH,TPGT inserts. I will be selling inserts for these also.

Soon I will have some twin boring heads. Everything will be individual. No sets or kits are available. Not as accurate but for normal tolerance boring these are very nice. Because the cutting is balanced you can bore much deeper and faster.

photo-10.jpg

Wow what timing. Here is a picture of a 34-42 mm twin boring head. The little brass heads are for coolant thru. You can set the 2 cutters to be same
diameter for faster feeding or have them set differently for rough and finish type boring.

photo-11.jpg

photo-12.jpg

Joe788,
It does not have a scale. Just a small set screw pusher for each cutter. These are intended to be set and adjusted with an indicator or in your tool presetter.

I will have BT30-BT40-CAT40-CAT50 boring sets (1/4-3.625 capacity) in stock next week. Thanks for your feedback guys. I am still working on the twin head.

Looks like my D'Andrea Testarossa. Iscar and Ingersoll also put their names on them. They are very accurate. Will these parts and inserts interchange with the above?

79Jimmy,
Your statement is very true. The difference is that I will not triple the cost because my name is on it. I know lots of tooling companies use a multiplier of 2.4-3.0. So if they buy a product for $10 they sell it retail for $24-$30 dollars once they brand it. My multiplier is much much lower. My logic is to make it up in repeat customers and volume. So far it is working.

The twin boring bar parts will not interchange with the single boring bar. The single boring bar is very very accurate.

Sorry Frank, what I meant was will your spare parts for the single bar interchange with the D'Andrea or are they proprietary? Are you also going to sell adapters and/or extensions for the holder, like an er16 or 32 that goes on the same holder. D'Andrea calls it "modular" and Iscar gives it some other name for the system? These are great tools and having you as a source for parts would be a no brainer!!!

James

ARB,
sorry for the delay. I didn't see this post come up. Yes I have the single boring sets in stock!!
I have bt30, bt40, and cat40 in stock. Cat50 is coming soon. Email me at [email protected] for more details. I will soon have these on my website with multiple pics, spare parts and carbide accessories also for these boring bars.

I'm kind of amazed at the price, everywhere I look they want €750 for a chinese boring head, that has 0,01 mm increments (which is useless, you can't make any press fits or anything with those). and €1200++ for anything decent like something made in germany, that does 0,005 increments.

Back