What's new
What's new

Anyone using CAPS programming?

spock

Stainless
I am sorting thru the control on a used lathe I picked up, has a Fanuc OT control. It has the CAPS conversational programming on it, I have never used it before. I am very familiar with the older Fapt, and as I understand it the CAPS replaced it.
Anyway, are any of you guys using it? Is it very handy over just punching everything in? I do not have a manual for the CAPS section, does anybody have a digital copy? How tough to learn with a working knowledge of FAPT?

I am sorting thru the control on a used lathe I picked up, has a Fanuc OT control. It has the CAPS conversational programming on it, I have never used it before. I am very familiar with the older Fapt, and as I understand it the CAPS replaced it.
Anyway, are any of you guys using it? Is it very handy over just punching everything in? I do not have a manual for the CAPS section, does anybody have a digital copy? How tough to learn with a working knowledge of FAPT?

My lathe (OTA) has CAP.

Never figured out how to use it. All I could see was a list of G codes (?)

The ironic thing is that I was given this control in place of the 10TF which had FAPT.

So in the end, I've never used either FAPT or CAP.

Back