What's new
What's new

SWEETNESS!!! Solid tapping!!!

Solar71

Titanium
Hey all...
I was reading my Yasnak i-80 controller manual...
Supposedly it has G93 mode ( Solid tapping ) ...
I think its there version of Rigid tapping ... just a difference in lingo...

So im totally excited... it says i can use G93 with either G73 or G84 for tapping... It says i DO NOT need a floating tap...

WEEEeeee!!!

Very happy... i was not sure if in 1993 they even had Rigid tapping in CNC machines... SO i guess they did...

Cant wait to try it out...

ALso, We spent about 3 hours yesterday, cleaning the machine... It looks almost new now...
We cleaned by hand at first.... Then we used a REALLY powerfull Shop style vacume...
Today we are adding in coolent to check the coolent tank and make sure everything is working there... ALso whenever i turn the machine on, the coolent pump motor is spinning free... So that might not be good... It may need to have some resistance for the motor to work properly...
We will be using this stuff called 202 soluble...
It starts off a thick, ugly swamp green... then when you add the water, it turns white/blue...
anyway...

After that we need to fix 2 minor air leaks from the back of the machine... then its ready to go ...

I CANT WAIT!!! WEEEEEEeeeeee

ALso, We spent about 3 hours yesterday, cleaning the machine
SEE!?! i knew you were the janitor there! ahhh solarson. right hand wax on. left hand wax off. soon you be a machinist, too. as long as you study and dont spend too much time asking dumb questions and waxing off.

Yes i read everything there to read about the Rigid tapping in the i-80 controller manual...

It said all sorts about the feeds and speeds and bla bla bla...

Im not even close to trying it yet...
Just excited that this controller MAY have it...
I know its an option, but im crossing my fingers...

Hey i wanted to ask...
If i dont know, if we have that option... Can i just type G93 in my controller, and execute it, in MDI mode, and see if i get an error ?

Will this tell me if i have it or not ?

Or will have need to try a complete program with G93 and G84 and all that tapping stuff ?

I would like to play around with the machine tommarow and maybe i can try the G93 test to see if i get an error...

I dont know, but its exciting for me, because its something i have never done with a cnc machine...

Also... there is this cool G72 thing as well...
Type in G72 then distance, angle, repetitions...

It will make a hole, then make another and another a specific degree from the first... At the same distance... Like a bolt circle...
Say you start at X0.0 Y0.0
then you can tell it to make 6 holes 60 degrees apart, and 2 inches from your starting point... and it will make holes 2 inches from your starting location, all 6 holes all 60 degrees apart AuTOMatICLY!!!! its so sweet and awesome...
and juicy...

PS : we tried out the coolent today...
WOW!!! we put in 5x5 gallon buckets of coolent so 25 gallons... It is about 1/3 or 1/4 of the way full... its amazing how much water this thing can hold... The PSI is CRAZY... its shoots from 3 nozzles at extreme pressure... Cant wait to see what we can do with this machine...

Sort of sad in a way... We will be utilizing so little of what this machine is capable of... We will be doing mostly holes, some with c-bores...
and tapping... and keyways... Such simple stuff for such an awesome machine... Oh well... What can i say ? as long as it works, its all good...

Still battling 2 air leaks... 1 minor, 1 major...
so no machining yet

take care

SOLAR says : but daddy, she's touching me !!!

JACK says : Ok Pi, here, play with your dolls, and leave your brother solar71 alone... ok honey ?

Pi says : But daddy, i dont want this doll... i want my summer time party barbie...

i sooner would be a woman than a member of solar's gene pool. i don't think solar had a sister. solar shows all the signs of a single child (stupid child) that was emotionally neglected by his mother. a desperate need to seek attention and accolades in any means possible. his "look at what i did today" display pretty much sums him up. perhaps mama had an addiction to drugs, alcohol or anal sex or something that prevented her from giving her stupid child the attention it deserved. this may be the reason he hangs out on forums or bath houses seeking attention. pehaps even she said he was just a waste of space, too?
i have good news and bad news for you solar.
good news:
you can find support groups for your lonliness.
bad news:
you will always be stupid.

no. i have a desperate need to destroy the inferior.
Is that because the opportunity doesn't come around often?

Really though,IMHO if this guy Solar brings out the worst in you then you ought to just ignore him.

No offense.

he is the reason machinists are viewed as stupid and unskilled. he is a joke to the trade

Back