What's new
What's new

Recommendations for CMMs and Inspection Services in Austin, TX?

maxh

Hot Rolled
Does anyone know of any shops or businesses in or around the Austin, TX area that offer part measurement/inspection services? Preferably CMM with reporting. There's a google hit that comes up for a company called Absolute something or other, but my partner said he visited them a while back, and despite their website having a page that looks like exactly this kind of offering, they don't do it.

He said he only found one company, and their quote for one of our parts was through the roof. I could maybe understand the 1-part pricing, but the qty pricing didn't seem anywhere near realistic. But I very well could be unrealistic with my expectations, so please let me know if so; I'll post a general description of the part and the qtys/quotes in a little while, after some replies in this thread, to avoid possibly influencing, in either direction, any offers that might be made here.

Anyways, we're looking to buy a CMM that'll fit the parts needing it (currently, 1" plate just under 19"x19" would be the largest part.) But until then, I'd appreciate any recommendations on getting these inspections outsourced. Decent lead time is probably most important, with price coming in second. And if anyone has recommendations on what to shop for and buy, good or bad experiences of their own, or a line on a good used one, please do post.

Back