What's new
What's new

Reinshaw Probe help

Microlift

Plastic
Looking for a way to probe a center of part work offset on a given axis but contact points not directly across from each other. Have parts that cant be probed to set G54 as profile wont allow direct cross point probing. Old school using a block an edge finder straining back (minor shelf in way where probe disk would have access). Investigating macro's but not found a good formula that work yet.

You can try the 3 point bore routine. You can probe 3 points at any angles you want. It's not part of VQC so you would need to program it from the manual. Also, it uses vector probing, so you also need to run the vector cal cycle.

Let us know where the contact points are.
At least, in one direction, opposite points might be available. That would simplify the formula.

Can you somehow probe the fixture? I.e. If it was just between two jaws you could "slot" probe the jaws. If the part is more complex and you are using soft jaws you could add a feature on the soft jaw to probe.

The mold part is shaped much like a "E" but laying down with flat to back of vise an heavy radius on corners an middle "leg" is shallow from outer points. I bumped center of back which has a 3-4" flat an can pick up on a outer "leg" facing front 2" off center or so that has a 1" flat. Jaws were removed to fit into vise hence I couldn't probe them. this was a old job we are remanufacturing without having to re-origin part in Mastercam an all the surfaces they once had. (old designer orginal programmer no longer here yah lol. So probe would be doing a lazy "Z" kind of.

The mold part is shaped much like a "E" but laying down with flat to back of vise an heavy radius on corners an middle "leg" is shallow from outer points. I bumped center of back which has a 3-4" flat an can pick up on a outer "leg" facing front 2" off center or so that has a 1" flat. Jaws were removed to fit into vise hence I couldn't probe them. this was a old job we are remanufacturing without having to re-origin part in Mastercam an all the surfaces they once had. (old designer orginal programmer no longer here yah lol. So probe would be doing a lazy "Z" kind of.

Nobody has time to decipher that. Post a picture dude.

Probe back side (Y+) single direction for Y0 of G54. Store value as variable. Probe front side (Y-) single direction for Y0 of G54. G54 Y value = G 54 Y value + variable (G54 Y value is system variable #5222). G54 Y value = G54 Y value / 2

Back