What's new
What's new

reloading Hardinge vmc1000II/Fanuc omd pmc data

rockcampbell

Aluminum
Machine Hardinge vmc1000II vertical machining center.
Control Fanuc OMD

The dreaded parameter loss situation. I left a vmc off for about 3 months and when powered back up it had lost its parameters. I wasn't too concerned because I have backup parameter and diagnostic (pmc) downloads for everything we have with a control.

I loaded up the parameters with no issue, it knows its a vmc again. I also loaded in the pmc data file and it looked like it was going in, blinking lsk then blinking input after the data started but the diag timers and the tool magazine stuff is still all zeros.

I have my set of manuals with the machine, we got it new around 2000. The manuals list the factory values for the diagnostic data I need so I was going to put it in by hand since the file I uploaded didn't seem to have everything.

With the control in MDI and PWE set to 1 I can't enter any data into the diagnostics, for example diagnostic 400 is the number of tools the magazine holds so it should be 20. I put the cursor on number 400 and type 20 then push input but 20 doesn't go in. Its as if there is a data lock on the
pmc stuff. That could be why my file didn't restore it all. Even if the file did restore I will have to tweak it for the pot number facing the spindle because the odds of that matching the file are not good.

Now for the big question I am here for:

Does anybody know if the pmc for a Hardinge vmc1000II has a data locking parameter beyond the PWE. I have other vmc's with the same control and different manufacturers and editing the timer data and tool changer data is not an issue in them.

answer to my own question

Machine Hardinge vmc1000II vertical machining center.
Control Fanuc OMD

The dreaded parameter loss situation. I left a vmc off for about 3 months and when powered back up it had lost its parameters. I wasn't too concerned because I have backup parameter and diagnostic (pmc) downloads for everything we have with a control.

I loaded up the parameters with no issue, it knows its a vmc again. I also loaded in the pmc data file and it looked like it was going in, blinking lsk then blinking input after the data started but the diag timers and the tool magazine stuff is still all zeros.

I have my set of manuals with the machine, we got it new around 2000. The manuals list the factory values for the diagnostic data I need so I was going to put it in by hand since the file I uploaded didn't seem to have everything.

With the control in MDI and PWE set to 1 I can't enter any data into the diagnostics, for example diagnostic 400 is the number of tools the magazine holds so it should be 20. I put the cursor on number 400 and type 20 then push input but 20 doesn't go in. Its as if there is a data lock on the
pmc stuff. That could be why my file didn't restore it all. Even if the file did restore I will have to tweak it for the pot number facing the spindle because the odds of that matching the file are not good.

Now for the big question I am here for:

Does anybody know if the pmc for a Hardinge vmc1000II has a data locking parameter beyond the PWE. I have other vmc's with the same control and different manufacturers and editing the timer data and tool changer data is not an issue in them.

I got Hardinge service to tell me what else was needed, the operator panel screen has a keyswitch setting on it that replaces a hard key switch on that control. In addition to pwe that keyswitch setting has to be set to on in order to mdi the dwords in the diagnostic parameters. I posted the answer just in case somebody else runs into this.

Hi, I have the same problem with a Hardinge VMC 600II Year 2000 Fanuc 0-MD. The machine was stored for a long time and when we tried to use it the batteries were dead. We loaded the parameters but still alarm 1007 D400 SET ERR. We tried to modify the current value from 0000 to 20 but is not possible (PWE=1, Parameter 10 bit#4 = 0. EDIT or MDI tried). I will really appreciate if you can describe detailed how you got to modify D400 value.

Best regards.

Hi

I have a hardinge VMC 1000 ii same year like you, is it possible for you to share your back up? I´m having some issues with my parameters and my machine is not working.

Hope you can help me.

Best regards......

Back