What's new
What's new

Renishaw probing and OTS full featured system for older CNC systems.

countryguy

Hot Rolled
Members, Wanted to pass along some great news and a tip about a PM super member named 'Probe' who specializes in probe and Tool Setting systems! I have a 98 haas and was told that a probe and OTS system would be difficult. Member probe not only made it quite easy, he also had a custom probe and Tool Setting macro package for us. I am not here to sell or market anything. All I know is that the service and install support is stellar! If you need tool setting, or Probe setup work done.... This is the guy you contact- PM him on this forum.

Installed on 98 haas,
OTS 1/2aa, OMI-2t OMP40-2 fully functional w/ easy to use macros and documentation.

Last edited:
hi, yes, that's true : probe knows things, including real solutions for handling tight tolerances, at least for turning and grinding operations

You can add a probe to any machine that uses G code. But you will need to manually enter the macros each time you use the probe. The probe is just an automatic edge finder and if you get the table mounted setter you can set your tool heights.

Members, Wanted to pass along some great news and a tip about a PM super member named 'Probe' who specializes in probe and Tool Setting systems! I have a 98 haas and was told that a probe and OTS system would be difficult. Member probe not only made it quite easy, he also had a custom probe and Tool Setting macro package for us. I am not here to sell or market anything. All I know is that the service and install support is stellar! If you need tool setting, or Probe setup work done.... This is the guy you contact- PM him on this forum.

Installed on 98 haas,
OTS 1/2aa, OMI-2t OMP40-2 fully functional w/ easy to use macros and documentation.

Thanks for the tip! We're in the process of rolling out part probing and data collection. I am always looking for good consultants! Can't stand re-inventing the wheel when I have better things to do with my time...

Back