What's new
What's new

Renishaw TS27R Toolsetter

Jturtle

Plastic
I have a TS27R on A Mazak VNC, The operator pulled the plug out and I solder and fix it, also moved the box to a new location to avoid it even if he over travels the table again. Was wondering has anyone tried opening up a probe and redoing the wires directly from the probe? I would like to not have the solder connection in the machine even with the protected box. I know the wire is a special wire.

I have a TS27R on A Mazak VNC, The operator pulled the plug out and I solder and fix it, also moved the box to a new location to avoid it even if he over travels the table again. Was wondering has anyone tried opening up a probe and redoing the wires directly from the probe? I would like to not have the solder connection in the machine even with the protected box. I know the wire is a special wire.

I just went through this recently with a TS27R on a VF2. Here is the deal, you have two options from Renishaw.

If you send the unit in Renishaw will replace the wire for ~$200. They can provide the conduit as well for like a dollar a foot. You need to specify the length.

If they find anything else wrong with the unit they will do a core exchange for ~$900, there are no other repairs available from Renishaw. But for $900 you will get a brand new one in the box with all of the goodies. Seems like a good deal when you see people selling them used on ebay for $1500.

Be careful cracking that thing open, its easy to mess up the diaphram. There are a few threads here on PM about it. If you want to give it a try I would suggest using localized heat to loosen up the loctite. But if all you need is a re-wire $200 is cheap enough.

I've a read through a lot of the older ones and with further research I see why I should mess with the prope it's self. I've decided that i will just work on making sure no koolient get's into the box and better protect the solder joints.

Back