What's new
What's new

replace "buffer battery" on heidenhain iTNC 540 without disassembling the controller?

bryan_machine

Diamond
replace "buffer battery" on heidenhain iTNC 540 without disassembling the controller?

OK, my machine says "buffer battery has low voltage!" - consulting a support manual off the web I find it's a CR2450 and expected to give out about now, etc.

None of that bothers me.

The thing is, it appears I'll have to take all the cables off the end of the control module that holds the harddrive (MC 422).

Anybody found a better/easier way to change this battery?

And why, in general, do CNC control builders seem to want to stash these batteries in places where you have to take a bunch of stuff apart to get at them?

bmw

OK, my machine says "buffer battery has low voltage!" - consulting a support manual off the web I find it's a CR2450 and expected to give out about now, etc.

None of that bothers me.

The thing is, it appears I'll have to take all the cables off the end of the control module that holds the harddrive (MC 422).

Anybody found a better/easier way to change this battery?

And why, in general, do CNC control builders seem to want to stash these batteries in places where you have to take a bunch of stuff apart to get at them?

bmw

No easier way I found. I agree kind of a pain especially compared with the older models that had riser access. But the reality it takes 15 minutes and isn't hard to do. Also we sometimes go months with the alarm and only change it because we tire of seeing error. There is no risk of losing data if it's low unlike fanuc which will delete everything

Please help

Dear guys,

can you tell me exactly what to disassemble to get to the battery slot ?
I though the removal of the back panel is the way, got rid of all tthe screws, disconnected all the cables but the back plate still sits in its place firmly.
Do not want to use too much force to pull to avoid damage.

26794015817_09a0f18f80_c.jpg

:scratchchin:

EDIT:

So ... this is not the way I guess ?
Do I need to remove the whole unit in order to get the ascess ?

Back