What's new
What's new

Replacing the MPG cord on a fanuc O-MD

rfrink

Cast Iron
Hello! The electrical cord is breaking apart and I'm sure that it will stop working in the near future. Do I need to buy the complete MPG with cord...or can I just buy the cord? And where do you get these things? Off hand, is it an easy fix? ...looks like a lot of wires...uhg!

Thoughts?? advice?

the machine is a Yang SMV-1000 Fanuc O-MD

Thanks!!

New coiled cords are available (Google for sources)..I replaced one once...just make sure what you order has the same or more wires of course.

Mine fell apart years ago, I keep waiting for it to quit working but it hasnt yet...:) I do see some on sale on ebay, I have no idea if it is compatible or not but I bookmarked one for potential future purchase.

Charles

Had a situation once like this. The box was fine but the cable was beat.
When the maintenance guy that replaced the cable was done X,Y,Z,A were all mixed up as was the increment toggle.

It would be a good idea to make a diagram of which wire goes where prior to disassembly.

G

Had a situation once like this. The box was fine but the cable was beat.
When the maintenance guy that replaced the cable was done X,Y,Z,A were all mixed up as was the increment toggle.

It would be a good idea to make a diagram of which wire goes where prior to disassembly.

G
That's not a "good idea" but sans schematics with wire color coding, "essential"....alternatively take photos with your phone. Your maintenance guy must have been a dull tack..

Back