What's new
What's new

Request ID help with rebuilt Fadal 10K spindle

Milland

Diamond
Hi all,
Was hoping for a few more eyes than if I just posted to the Fadal forum, I hope people won't mind. I picked up this rebuilt (in 2005) for a in-house project, then bought some bigger spindles so this one is no longer needed.

I plan on listing it here and on Ebay, but was hoping for some positive ID on a few features that I've not gotten confirmation of with my own searching. If you know what the abbreviations are on the label please let me know.

In case the picture isn't clear, the label says:

9-22-05 (presumed rebuild date)
Mfg P/N SPN-0165 (actual Fadal #?)
10K Pozi, CT, RA (I think CT is coolant through, not sure of the others - help?)

And then some other stuff that I think was for in-house use by the previous owners.

From what I've found this is a greased, sealed bearing 10K RPM spindle, with the retainer drawbar and spring stack. But I don't know the range of years the spindle fits (all?), or if it won't fit some machines. And the Pozi and RA is a puzzle.

The outer housing has a few nicks, presumably from before the rebuild, but the spindle taper and drive keys look untouched, making me think the center spindle is new. I think the spring stack is also new, but I don't want to take it apart to confirm.

Any thoughts on this welcome, including if there's any better place to list it than here or Ebay. It turns really nice and smooth by hand, but that's hardly a robust diagnostic, so I'm not going to ask top dollar, I'm shooting for $1200 as-is. If I'm off let me know.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Fadal 1.jpg
Fadal 2.jpg
Fadal 3.jpg

Just a follow up in case anyone is interested - I never got confirmation of the "codes" on this unit, but it's been sold and it's now moot. I hope it works well for the new owner.

Back