What's new
What's new

2" Deep Groove/Cutoff

Ox

Diamond
Anyone know of an inserted cutoff blade that can git 2" deep in 6" round stock?

Anyone have any experience with a rotary saw (Watkins style) this deep?

-----

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Sandvik,

I've parted up to 8"dia Aluminum right to the center, it wasn't hanging by much.

Also a few weeks ago parted 2" deep in 6.5" Monel 400 with a similar sandvik parting blade and inserts.
These are the type of holders with adjustable blade. If you mean solid blade type then I haven't seen one that goes that deep.

2" deep isn`t a problem.To be safe I would use two blades,one to go in 1.1/4" and one to go the last 3/4",less chance of wandering that way.Or maybe it`s cos I`m an old multispindle guy and used to breaking big cuts down.
Mark

Well - on the multi - you would split up the cutoff if for no other reason than to cut cycle time...

I found that Manchester DOES offer one that looks acceptable. But I may check into the others too. Not buying rat now - was just scouting to find if it was even an option or not. 3" to solid was the biggest that I have / have seen before, but I assumed that bigger was out there .... somewhere. :crazy:

If someone has other options - by all means - go ahead and post.

--------

But Ma! It's clean grease - I worshed it! :willy_nilly:
Ox

Cut off blades are made by Sandvik, Iscar and Manchester that will handle that part off...you know this, OX. :Yawn:

I believe Kennametal have closed the Manchester facility.Don`t know how it will affect the future supply of inserts.I get good results with the Ceratizit FX range of partoff tips,economical as well.
Mark.

I'm the one that posted that - and I just called into the tech support there yesterday on this.

I hafta wonder what their future holds tho? I am sure the product will be available - just moved to another facility I s'pose. ???

----------

I am Ox and I approve this here post!

i spoke with manchester tech support as well and they informed me that they are just combining warehouses with kennametal. i think the manufacturing will be moving to another plant as well, but they assured me there would be no issues in getting inserts or tools.

I have a Sandvik parting blade that I have used for parting 5.25" pieces before. Makes a lot of noise but works fine. Is that 2" radially or diametrically? What material.

Anyone know of an inserted cutoff blade that can git 2" deep in 6" round stock?

Anyone have any experience with a rotary saw (Watkins style) this deep?

-----

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back