What's new
What's new

Used Nakumura Slant Jr.....Good machine?

wrustle

Titanium
They are a very rugged little machine. Should work well for you. That one seems a bit pricey. Almost better off going with a new Hwacheon Cutex-160.

the way I see things, either you can buy a used machine in new condition for almost new price, or you can buy a new machine for new price.

If the UM price is < a NM price of a modern day equivalent by a large margin, then it makes sense to buy used.

If the UM price is >= to a NM price, then you can buy a new machine, but not always in the same price/performance bracket the UM is.

Make sure to compare apples to apples.

cheers!

:cheers:

I'd say $12k is a decent price for the Nak Jr. $8k would be a steal for it...what's $4k among friends, right?

Seems like someone got the machine already. Snooze, you looze, I guess.

I don't know of any new, capable, real-world, 6" chuck minumun, cnc lathe for less than about $50k...correct me if I'm wrong gents.

The Cutex-160 is in that ballpark. For a little more you can get a HiTech-200, that is a bit more capable.

That looks very similar to the Jr. Slant that came out of my buddy's shop a year ago. Ask them if it's from a shop in Rockland, MA. If so, I might be able to get some background on it.

The tech school I went to had one of those, I learned cnc turning on it. It's a really nice machine, accurate and rigid. It takes a little while to type in a program at the control, the one we had you could only put one word in at a time (i.e. G0). When the school got rid of it a couple years ago, I wish I would have tried to pick it up, but I didn't really have a need for it in my shop. Hindsight, I guess!

Back