What's new
What's new

Roland pnc-3000, please help

yfzracer86

Plastic
I have a Roland CAMM-3, Model-PNC-3000 and would like to find a way to program it.

I did my research and havent found much. I did find someone with one for sale with a lot of helpfull information about the machine here...........http://members.cox.net/moulinet_ltd/roland.html

I also have the command refrance manual and service notes that i will be using text out of to help figure this out.

Going to take this problem step by step and figure it out, and i need your help, comments will be greatly appriciated.

Question/Problem 1:
I have a laptop that im planning on using to controle it with. Im going to need the cord to adapt to the newer style plug that my laptop would have.
I have a older computer sitting right next to it with the right wires to connect the machine and computer. Im not sure if i should use that or not, since i cant transfer data to it unless i use a floppy or an USB connecter.

Question/Problem 2:

"The pnc-3000 can be controlled by computer 2 ways:
A. Write your own programs especially for the CAMM-3
B. Use data and comand sequences gained from CAD software to move the CAMM-3"

I would like to stick with option A. for now, and later try option B.

In the comand refrance manuel: After reading pages 1-1 (the two ways to use the camm-3) and 2-1(A few words about CAMM-GL1), im still not clear if there is a program that i need to install on my computer or not to use CAMM-GL1????????????

On page 2-2 it said "The command charecters of the CAMM-GL1 group of commands can be found on any ASCll keyboard."

What is a ASCll keyboard? I hope its as simple as what im using to type this.

I did get a chance to plug the machine into my older computer but it was as if it wasnt even pluged in. I searched all files and could not get anything to happen?

This is where im at... any help would be greatly appriciated

thanks
-Kevin

The person selling it to you should supply you with a copy of the software package that came with the machine. I am not sure what Roland recommends for the machine you have. I have some of their older software that drives the MD-X 650 and the MDX-20

Back