What's new
What's new

Romi M27 Bridgeport ezpathe IIISL Linear slider bearings

markp

Hot Rolled
Romi M27 Bridgeport ezpath IIISL Linear slider bearings

Hi, I recently picked up a 2001 Bridgeport ezpath IIISL lathe. Iron is Romi M27. Everything works ok but the linear ball bearings that are on the control panel sliders and the lower linear bearings on the door are shot. They are INA KWE15H. INA doesnt make these anymore. I asked a local bearing house to look for a cross reference but they didnt have any luck. Wondering if anyone has had this problem and found a cross reference bearing by another manufacturer that will work on the same rail. As a last resort I was going to make some blocks out of brass with the same profile.

Last edited:
Figured it out. I looked around online and found a 15mm bearing that looked correct. IKO MES15. Bought 4 on ebay for 35$ each. Almost perfect fit, had to make .080 spacers to bring these to the same height. Same bolt pattern, same fit. These are much more common than the INA KWE15H. If anyone with the later model ezpath lathes needs these replaced, there you go.

Never did hear back from Romi about these. Left a message and sent an email to the parts dept, ah support these days...

Back