What's new
What's new

Rotation (G68) on Fanuc 11m

VertCNCmill

Plastic
Mori Seiki, Fanuc 11m control - Our machines parameters were all lost and now we can run rotation on it. Is anyone able to help me with the parameters to be able to run rotation?

We had a power supply go bad and erase the memory. I was wondering what the 9000 parameter was that needed changed. Thanks

9103 bit 5

I'm with VanC. Kind of hard to lose parameters on an 11, Its bubble memory. Short of an Initialisation, it should maintain parameters.

I'm not buying into that power supply thing. Someone did the two fingered, power on, ground zero reset?

Regards Phil.

According to the fanuc repairman that was here to replace parts, he has seen numerous times when the power supply goes bad, it corrupts the bubble memory. Unfortunately we did not have the parameters backed up. We had G68 rotation before but not now. I am just looking for a lil help so we can get back to running, not trying to pull anything.

I learned the hard way, decades ago, the first time a machine is powered up, new or used, back up the parameters. It only takes a few seconds, but can save you months of head banging. I agree with the above, power supply is not going to corrupt the bubble memory. You know what will? Repair guys that just go hitting buttons on power up. I know cause I've done it myself. G68 is an option, so you may need the secret code to turn it back on.

The machine was here before I started. I Was told they were backed up on our company server but when we went for them, we could not find them. I know the machine was purchased used at a sale, didnt even come with books, we had to order them. I am not an expert on the bubble memory, I am just relaying the information told to me. That could of been what happen and maybe he just told me that to cover his butt, I dont know. I am just trying to get it up and running like it was since we have jobs waiting

The procedure to change the 9000 series parameters is not simple. I'm not going to try to explain it over the forum, it's too easy to make a mistake.

Your best bet would be to call the Fanuc tech and tell them that you used to have G68 but now do not and will they come in and set it for you.

If you had a Fanuc tech on site to replace the power supply and reload "lost" parameters he/she should have reset your 9000 series parameters too. Where did the parameters they loaded come from if you did not have a backup?

He had a default list that didnt have the all bells and whistles in, kinda like the base model (was on paper, guy manually entered everything). We lost a few other options but nothing we cant live without (I.E rigid tapping)We did call fanuc but we had really no proof to show we had it before other than programs we ran in the machine because we had no original documentation from the machine showing it. They said we would have to purchase it. He is reluctant to do that considering the age of the machine.

It is not uncommon for an older machine to have "acquired" some options that were not purchased. If Fanuc has no record of the machine being optioned with G68 it is most likely that it was "bootlegged".

A good CNC tech with experience on older controls would easily get G68 turned on for you. It is a pretty convoluted process to do that on the 10, 11, 12 series controls. Easy to make a mistake that could result in having to re-initialize the control and require loading all the parameters over again. Not all software options are supported in all firmware versions. If you try to, or accidentally, turn on an option without the supporting hardware or firmware, you almost always get an unrecoverable system alarm that requires system initialization to resolve.

Back