What's new
What's new

Sligtly OT: Avast claims ME Consultant 2.0 is a trojan!?

Harri

Cast Iron
Today Avast started reporting ME 2.0 as being infected. Very probably a false alarm, anyone else have the same? I PM'd mrainey and sent Avast a false positive report.... Same on several machines as well as on a freshly downloaded copy.

Hi Harri, I sent you a message.

You've been using the program for close to five years with no problems, so if avast! suddenly complains about a trojan, I think a false positive is the logical explanation. Just a couple days ago, a false rootkit report had many avast! users, me included, doing full boot scans. It was fixed, with apologies, within a few hours.

I don't know how this plays into it, but I e-mailed this program to my work e-mail and it was snagged by the server Barracuda firewall/virus software. I have yet to install on either computer.

I got this back from Symantec today. Keeping up with false positives is like playing whack-a-mole. :bawling:

""We are writing in relation to your submission through Symantec's on-line False Positive Dispute Submission form for your ME Consultant software version 2.0 being detected by Symantec Software. In light of further investigation and analysis Symantec is happy to remove this detection from within its products.""

Back