What's new
What's new

Selling CNC Milling Machines

Aucto-Inc

Plastic
I am new to practical machinist as this is my first post. I mainly read posts and learn from you guys about the industry and machines. I recently have started working with a lot of machine companies in assisting them liquidate machinery from closed facilities.

Where I am looking for your help is identifying some keys areas where I can locate buyers for new/used machinery and CNC Tooling for general machine shops. This industry in new to me and any of your help would be much appreciated.

Apparently you didn't read too many post's....or are blind to the fact that your spamming don't go down too well here.

Just like all the others, you'll complain that
your "just here to help" and your not spamming.....

Craigslist is a good option. I find its helpful if the ad is very vague, has only one picture, and only has a phone number with a distant area code... that way I know it isn't local scam. I also think you will attract more customers if you "accidentally" call a mill a lathe or a lathe a mill. Better yet call it a "lather", that always makes me want to call.

Make sure you say that it has only cut aluminum and plastic. I also gravitate toward machines that "worked great" when pulled out of production. Make sure if you take a picture of that machine in the yard, show the tarp at the edge of the picture so we know it was taken care of.

I think it shows good salesmanship to throw a fresh coat of paint on a machine. Don't worry about painting over chips and dried coolant. They hold paint good. Also don't worry about overspray... if there is a bit of blue paint on the gravel around the machine, it just shows that you used enough paint.

Here to help :)

Craigslist is a good option. I find its helpful if the ad is very vague, has only one picture, and only has a phone number with a distant area code... that way I know it isn't local scam. I also think you will attract more customers if you "accidentally" call a mill a lathe or a lathe a mill. Better yet call it a "lather", that always makes me want to call.

Make sure you say that it has only cut aluminum and plastic. I also gravitate toward machines that "worked great" when pulled out of production. Make sure if you take a picture of that machine in the yard, show the tarp at the edge of the picture so we know it was taken care of.

I think it shows good salesmanship to throw a fresh coat of paint on a machine. Don't worry about painting over chips and dried coolant. They hold paint good. Also don't worry about overspray... if there is a bit of blue paint on the gravel around the machine, it just shows that you used enough paint.

Here to help :)

Damm Good!!!

What you should do is go and steal the equipment and any tooling, wait a couple of weeks and sell it on ebay. or come on here and claim "I'm cleaning my shop out" and try and sell that's is likely hot.

I know 2 shops, 1 got cleaned out by the thieves, and the other by people associated with an auctineer.

In before the lock..
Lather..yes that works on me as well. Couple of other tips I have used in the past.
Always use a female name and throw in a couple of "late husband" references.
Show the wrong machine in the picture and then explain that you are new to this.
Use factory pictures and claim them as your own.
Also embed your name/email right over the blurry picture you [email protected] a popular one down here.

Anyone else find it strange that places would work with a 100% novice to liquidate a closed facility and a lot of them at that? Also it appears English is not the OP's first language. I don't think it is "spam" looks more like a "scam" to me.

What you should do is go and steal the equipment and any tooling, wait a couple of weeks and sell it on ebay. or come on here and claim "I'm cleaning my shop out" and try and sell that's is likely hot.

I know 2 shops, 1 got cleaned out by the thieves, and the other by people associated with an auctineer.

Dude, were these your shops? Because every time I've seen you post in the last couple of days, you've brought this up. I know it sucks, and I get that it's upsetting, but not everyone selling machines or tooling on the internet stole them.

Yes, there are dishonest people out there. Yes, there are people who take things that don't belong to them, but neither of these things are new. I get that you recently had an experience that shook your worldview, but rest assured, the only thing that has really changed is your perspective. The crime rate in most of the country is still at or near a 20 year low.

To the OP: This is not the place for you to sell. But Good Luck with your venture.

Dude, were these your shops? Because every time I've seen you post in the last couple of days, you've brought this up. I know it sucks, and I get that it's upsetting, but not everyone selling machines or tooling on the internet stole them.

Yes, there are dishonest people out there. Yes, there are people who take things that don't belong to them, but neither of these things are new. I get that you recently had an experience that shook your worldview, but rest assured, the only thing that has really changed is your perspective. The crime rate in most of the country is still at or near a 20 year low.

To the OP: This is not the place for you to sell. But Good Luck with your venture.

Over the years, I've seen people sell machines that were scheduled to be repo'ed. A few months down the road, the seller is long gone, the bank gets their machine back, and the buyer gets fucked. These are legitimate concerns.

Both were in So Cal. What happened was nothing unusual. I've seen it time and time again. This time it happened to people I knew very well

Back