What's new
What's new

Set Up Sheet - Can you share one?

G-Auto

Hot Rolled
I'm looking to make a set up sheet for our VMC. Something that goes with each job. It would specify the tools used, tool numbers in the machine, modifications to offsets, notes etc.

Before I start going at it in excel I was wondering if someone has a good one they could share with me that I could use as a template.

TIA

I'm looking to make a set up sheet for our VMC. Something that goes with each job. It would specify the tools used, tool numbers in the machine, modifications to offsets, notes etc.

Before I start going at it in excel I was wondering if someone has a good one they could share with me that I could use as a template.

TIA

It's really easy to do it yourself....

I used one to just make it for EVERY JOB I BID...
each operation was a line item...
sorta like this....

OPERATION........................Set Up.........RUN.........Subcontract Cost
5 Cut off Bar 4
10 Mill ,Drill, Tap, Debur..........30 ...........16
15 Anodize............................................................. 4.50
20 Paint..................................................................3.40
25 Package/Ship.......................................................5.00

You get the idea... and then IF you win the job you make the cnc programs and be sure to note them on the sheet in case of a repeat..Oh I also kept it all in a folder with a 5 1/4 inch floppy with all the stuff on it....Shop Traveler, SetUp sheets for each cnc mahine... today I guess just a bigger hard drive would do.

Put fixture costs, any special tooling etc in there and use the math available in the SS to figger dif quantity costs and rerun costs etc...

Put it all in a JOB FOLDER and heep track of it by customer name and part number..

I could go to the little XT pc that did this with either the part number ( only part of a number was really required ) or the National Stock Number that the govment called it and find everything I needed to know about it...

It's eazy.. you get to include everything YOU WANT

Excel is a good format to work with. We wrote a utility that projects a Mastercam toollist right into the appropriate cells of the template and it's easy to grab pictures and paste them on the pages too.

Excel is a good format to work with. We wrote a utility that projects a Mastercam toollist right into the appropriate cells of the template and it's easy to grab pictures and paste them on the pages too.
WOW... imagine that... what will they think of next

I thought about using a Poloroid...

See Attached

This is the one that I made up a few years ago. I made it in Open Office. I think that I can save it in other formats. Let me know.
Hope this helps

Attachments

• CNC SETUP SHEET.pdf
    9.7 KB · Views: 7,063
Glad to help. If you look in the upper right hand corner of the sheet, that is my machine listing. I just circle the machine that the setup is for.

Here's what I use. 3rd revision so far. The big blank area is for a screen dump from CAM, the rest should be self explanatory. I keep it open on my desktop, and fill it in as I program.

Attachments

• CNC - SETUP SHEET.zip
    10.6 KB · Views: 4,028

Back