What's new
What's new

Sharp SV-2412, any used ones for sale?

shinyparts

Plastic
Seems a couple years ago a lot of these were being sold and talked about regularly, considered to be great value for the $. I've done a little searching but I can't seem to find any used Shap SV-2412's around, older threads here showed a few being sold quite cheap used, so are there still any good deals around on them?

I have been watching the market for a while and and have only seen one go for less that 20K, and that was at the bottom of the downturn and it was not under power. 0iMB models with the 8K spindle average about 22K and later models with the MC control go around 25 to 30 depending on options. They are tough little machines and are easy to service when they do go down. I bought a pair of Okuma 4020's this spring and will probably sell mine this fall and try and get a lathe. I really hate having to turn away round work. Wish I had the bucks and space to have it all.

haha yeah I thought that was a little high too, I can get a brand new one here in Canada as the First MCV-300(same thing as the SV-2412) for 45K Canadian, on my floor.

A little bit of a hijack but once you start optioning these things out they start to come up in price a bit. We just bought a second 2412 with side mount toolchanger, 10K spindle, spindle chiller, Fanuc oi-MC control, and chip conveyer (not auger) and it was right around $65K.

That's still quite a bargain, and the higher RPM spindle and toolchanger pay for themselves pretty quickly if you do any sort of production. The chip conveyer keeps the guys on the floor from complaining, so that has paid for itself, too. ;)

Like others have said, they are phenomenal machines.

Back